How do I get out of this restart cycle after someone accidentally closed my sp3 while reinstalling?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I just bought this off a friend, and I know it worked fine as I was using it prior. I gave it back to him to get all his work off and he was going to reset it for me. When I got in the reinstall was at 4% and the dingus shut the screen. Now I am tryin to get it to reinstall again, but am stuck in a cycle of error message, then push okay to restart and reinstall and then the message comes back up! Any ideas on how to fix this? I have tried holding down the power button and gone through this cycle more times than I'd like to admit...

It's stuck on the Surface screen with the turning dots (I know) and Preparing at the bottom if that helps

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I think OP is talking about a Surface Pro 3.

It may be possible to do a clean install using a USB drive. You can download the OS using the Media Creation Tool.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @ shmsnh Thanks for helping. I don't know much about Surface Pro 3. My bad! I think your right about the MCT! I'll let you take over.
Thanks friend! I'm from the old school sp3 means (service pack 3). I guess it now stands for Surface Pro 3. LMAO. Going to have to get modern!:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720