How do I move Here Drive Maps to my SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Got my HTC 8S rockin PD 8.1. I've set it up to save all apps (that can be) storing on my SD card. So far, it works great..Except...

I can't get Maps (Here or MS ) to install on the SD. They install directly to the phone memory. I've tried to move them using Storage Sense as well but there's no option to move the.

Any Ideas?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it will work, but maybe go to storage sense --> SD Card ---> Maps ---> manage ---> download ---> and choose maps to download. I didnt try it, but logically if I access maps section via storage sense/sd card and I download them, I expect them to be downloaded on to sd card. Thats just a guess :) you can try

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Maps can only be stored on the SD card using the aforementioned Nokia storage check beta app.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk for Windows Phone

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it will work, but maybe go to storage sense --> SD Card ---> Maps ---> manage ---> download ---> and choose maps to download. I didnt try it, but logically if I access maps section via storage sense/sd card and I download them, I expect them to be downloaded on to sd card. Thats just a guess :) you can try

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't work. It downloads them, no prob, they just get stored on the phones internal ram and not the SD.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Maps can only be stored on the SD card using the aforementioned Nokia storage check beta app.

Ok, didn't know that. Now that the Fiddler trick has been patched in PD 8.1 I cant even hack it that way. Crap!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, didn't know that. Now that the Fiddler trick has been patched in PD 8.1 I cant even hack it that way. Crap!

Yeah, sucks. Even though it didn't come unexpected they closed this exploit.

If you save everything to SD anyways, having maps in the internal memory shouldn't bother you much.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, sucks. Even though it didn't come unexpected they closed this exploit.

If you save everything to SD anyways, having maps in the internal memory shouldn't bother you much.

Very true. It's not a big deal. Remember thought, I have an 8S which uses to mean (pre 8.1) I'd get memory issues daily and had to be very picky as to what I installed. Just a bit gun shy now..hihi.

Anyway, I do really like the 8S so I'm happy to be able to use it as intented

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Very true. It's not a big deal. Remember thought, I have an 8S which uses to mean (pre 8.1) I'd get memory issues daily and had to be very picky as to what I installed. Just a bit gun shy now..hihi.

Anyway, I do really like the 8S so I'm happy to be able to use it as intented

Have no fear :) with wp 8.1 others storage issue is fixed. My others are at 5,4MB and if it gets any higher it will clear others storage when you switch off the phone ;) on GDR1, GDR2, GDR3 my others were around 700MB up to 1,5GB. Even after hard reset others were at 400MB at the very beginning (before installing any app fro the store)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Other Storage issue seems to be resolved with 8.1. And clearing temporary files is working great now too.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Other Storage issue seems to be resolved with 8.1. And clearing temporary files is working great now too.

Yep, it works great. Originally, it would take minutes to clean and maybe it wouldn't free up anything.

Now, it takes 10 seconds and actually clears most all the temp files.

Prateek Behera

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I am using a Lumia 720 and just bought a 32 gb class 10 sandisk card. While storing rest of things on the card is possible the maps still are stored in the phone memory.. Hope a new update may fix this

NCBC

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Go to beta labs.nokia.com/trials/Storage-Check. Scroll down to related info section and touch the 1st line "looking for another beta labs". Then go down to storage check beta section. Touch blue line "remain available". Download lumia storage check app and close it. Open here maps app to delete all doawloaded maps. Open lumia storage check app, swipe to detail, touch change beneath maps. Switch phone to sd card. Touch maps to download map you want. It will store on sd card and ready to use offline. It works great on my lumia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss