How do I remove a "sold" device from my Microsoft cloud?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I sold my old lumia without much preperation. I did turn off reset protection but I didn't actually reset the device. I think it's been cleared, but the person who's using it's pictures are showing up on my one drive (ie they are still using my account).

I have no contact details as sold it with a garage sale.

What do I do?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
re: How do I remove a "sold" device from my Microsoft cloud?

I figured, out all I probably have to do is remove the device from my microsoft account. Which I am about to do.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Seems like a GREAT topic for an FAQ! I edited your title and marked the solution as "best answer" IF you have any more details please let us know. :)

Glad you got it solved. Hopefully this can now help the next guy who is asking. :)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
It's basically just an option, under the device, under my devices. And yeah it seems to have resolved this.

I'd recommend doing a reset & doing that before selling, but if you fail to, this is the next best thing.

jerrymaguire

Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
Try this:

1. Turn off sync settings on all Windows 10 devices that you've signed in to with your Microsoft account.
  2. Go to the Delete your personal settings from the cloud webpage at Microsoft, and click/tap on the Remove button.
  3. Click/tap on Yes to confirm.
  4. Your sync settings have now been deleted.
  5. You can now turn on sync settings again at any time for your Windows 10 devices you want.
Hope this is what you were looking for.

Best,
Jerry.

Rick Bale

Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
To remove a device from your account, hit your web browser and sign in to your Microsoft account.

Click the Devices menu and then choose “Your devices.”

The “Your devices” page shows all devices registered to your account. You can also view just devices that have apps & games, music, or movies & TV shows. But unless you have a lot of devices to weed through, the “Your devices” page is just fine. Find the device you’d like to remove on the list. If you’ve got your devices named well (and here’s a good reason to do that if you haven’t), it should be easy to find. If not, each entry also shows you the model of the devices on which it’s installed, what version of Windows is installed, and (if you have location services turned on) when and where the computer was last seen.

When you’ve located the device you want to remove, just click the “Remove” link to the right.

On the warning page, select the “I’m ready to remove this device” check box and then click Remove.

A confirmation page shows you what device you removed and the exact time and date. Click Back to Devices.

And you’re done. Removing a device from your Microsoft account is pretty straightforward, but it’s good to check in once in a while to keep your device list up to date. Removing devices helps ensure that that old devices you no longer use are not capable of accessing your account and that you don’t run into the ten-device limit for installed apps and games.

Hope this information was helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire