How do I save the image on my lock screen?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This question isn't specific to Lumia 928's, but since that's the phone I've got...

Back in December I found this great photo online of a Christmas bell in a tree. I made it my lock screen image. I love it. And I'd like to use it again this coming December, but I can't seem to find it in my camera roll, or any where else. How do I save the image?

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
This question isn't specific to Lumia 928's, but since that's the phone I've got...

Back in December I found this great photo online of a Christmas bell in a tree. I made it my lock screen image. I love it. And I'd like to use it again this coming December, but I can't seem to find it in my camera roll, or any where else. How do I save the image?
so you mean it's nowhere to be found in your pictures except for your lockscreen? :/

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
so you mean it's nowhere to be found in your pictures except for your lockscreen? :/

Correct, I cannot find it anywhere in my pictures. I've looked through all of my albums, plus the camera roll, without success. I've looked at all pictures I've taken, by date, going back to October 2013, which is long before I put it onto my lock screen, but still cannot find it. The only place it is, is on my lock screen. What I did was looked for a photo using IE on my Lumia 928 of a Christmas bell in a Christmas tree. I found one, cropped it and placed it into my lock screen. Is it because of that process that it might not have been saved to my photo albums anywhere?

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Correct, I cannot find it anywhere in my pictures. I've looked through all of my albums, plus the camera roll, without success. I've looked at all pictures I've taken, by date, going back to October 2013, which is long before I put it onto my lock screen, but still cannot find it. The only place it is, is on my lock screen. What I did was looked for a photo using IE on my Lumia 928 of a Christmas bell in a Christmas tree. I found one, cropped it and placed it into my lock screen. Is it because of that process that it might not have been saved to my photo albums anywhere?
you must have deleted that picture for sure

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
You could screenshot it and then use a service like Tineye or Google reverse image search to find it again since you originally found the photo online.

papahood

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
That almost sounds like the process you can do on a pc...go to a website, find a pic you like, right click on photo and set as background. But if you don't actually download it it will disappear if you ever change it.

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That's what happened. I searched for a photo that had what I wanted, clicked on the three "..." on the lower left of the window. There's 2 selections, one is to save it to your phone and the second one is to save it as your lock screen. That is what I did, I choose the section option. Clearly, it doesn't save it to the phone.

I just decided to look for it again. I found it, or at least one close to it, and saved that to my phone this time. Well, this let's everyone know that if you want that photo, doing a "Save as lock screen" makes it impossible to get that photo. Wherever it is, it isn't easily gotten to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb