How do I stop Windows from installing apps automatically?

kochar111

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Windows is installing apps automatically

I just installed the new build, and noticed that Windows is installing apps from my account automatically.
I never install them on my Windows 10 machine.
Is there a way to block it? I don't really want >100 apps I tried in the past to be installed by default.

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows is installing apps automatically

Yes, check under the settings (OneDrive settings, I believe) and look at your advanced settings for syncing. There were some options for syncing apps and settings.

kochar111

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Thank you. Unfortunately, I've removed the windows 10 partition. The new build is not for me. I'd stop being an insider, and just wait for the release.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Thank you. Unfortunately, I've removed the windows 10 partition. The new build is not for me. I'd stop being an insider, and just wait for the release.

Do be sure to vent your issues to MS... Whatever you found wrong with it I'd like for them to know :)

kochar111

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Do be sure to vent your issues to MS... Whatever you found wrong with it I'd like for them to know :)

I guess not. I'd be updating to Windows 10 even if I like it or not in the end. (for latest software/feature).
And I don't have Windows 10 installed now, so it will be difficult to tell. My memory might mix irrelevant things.
From what I remember,

In the current built, I don't like the new start menu.
I think it is designed for grouping for both live tiles and old standard menu.
And I don't know how to add favorites to the old menu. (I think they changed it to Places) They also removed some functionality. Previous built is a lot better.

And the control panel. People don't want it. I like it so much. That's a problem I will face in the future.
The new settings is mostly text in a list. Most settings are hidden.
The previous one is text with specific locations for certain places.
I use the control panel regularly, so I find it very quick to navigate. (without using search)
The new one is bothersome to click hidden settings.

I stop using the latest built because live tiles is not working for Mail app. (in wide mode, fine in other mode)
It displayed the old mails I've deleted. Can't update the Mail App and Reader app. There is an error. I don't remember the code.

Old notifications popup every time I restart my machine. I'd already read them.

And I have a strong feeling that it is not pretty. I don't know why. (That is a major problem for me.)

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I think I've seen this also. Each time it installs a new preview it reinstalled all the apps. I'd target just get the preview but I guess it's good to try out all the apps also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos