How do you always enable flash on certain websites?

Bilaira Cipher

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
When I go into my settings and click the "manage permissions" button, all it allows me to do is remove flash permissions on websites, not add them. Certain sites like Netflix or Wikipedia asked for the flash player once, then always saved it. Other sites like lyric websites never asked for it and still enabled it anyways. I like to play on the website (link removed by mod) but every time I open the website it asks me to enable flash player. Flash is enabled, but this particular site is not on the list of permissions, and I don't know how to add it to the list. I always have to manually select the allow once option, click sign in, enter my information, allow flash only once again, then be redirected back to the sign in page after I've already signed in. This is the only website I use that doesn't give me an option to always enable flash, and I can't find anywhere in the setting how to fix this. Does anyone know how to always enable flash on websites? Not all websites, just specific ones. I've also so far not seen anyone else ask this and get a straight answer that doesn't involve crazy steps or downgrading the system. I'd like to be able to do this without downgrading my privacy or taking 3 hours to complete the steps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bilaira Cipher

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
I've been using Edge since it loads faster. Websites on Chrome take a lot longer to load on my computer. I've been told by an old teacher, a website representative, and my mom that Edge is not a good browser to use, but I don't like how long it takes Chrome to load.

Bilaira Cipher

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
I have multiple sites pre saved on my computer, and sites I never saved but still have saved as well. I know for a fact that one site on the list I manually saved in my settings, but I can't remember how I did it, and the settings tell me nothing. I checked Edge's settings and the computer settings but found nothing.

Bilaira Cipher

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
flashblocked.PNG

Bilaira Cipher

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
My computer doesn't always download things the way it's supposed to. I can't trust everything I try to download, because sometimes it downloads add-ons that take up space on the computer and serve no purpose but interrupt my screen all the time. I tried downloading a game once and got pop-up ads, an extra chrome look-a-like search extension, and found 7 other added extensions in my settings that I didn't even need, and the game never worked. My computer tells me that I am upgraded to windows 10 but I have an old computer so it never works perfectly.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
My computer doesn't always download things the way it's supposed to. I can't trust everything I try to download, because sometimes it downloads add-ons that take up space on the computer and serve no purpose but interrupt my screen all the time. I tried downloading a game once and got pop-up ads, an extra chrome look-a-like search extension, and found 7 other added extensions in my settings that I didn't even need, and the game never worked. My computer tells me that I am upgraded to windows 10 but I have an old computer so it never works perfectly.

It sounds like you need an ad-blocker to stop this sort of stuff (ads) being displayed, and an antivirus program to get rid of anything nasty that gets installed without your permission.

Bilaira Cipher

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
I would also recommend you install Malwarebytes (the free version) and run that and delete whatever it finds. It can work together with whatever antivirus you choose.

So uh, I don't know what I did, but the day after I downloaded the flash pluggin, mu computer just basically broke. It constantly goes into power saving mode (or sleep mode) and I have to completely shut it off to turn it back on. Also a windows updater thing, I dont know what it is, keeps popping up every time I turn on the computer. All I see is that basic blank coding screen on old computers with the blinking line in the top left corner, but it never does anything. I can't type anything in and when I try to close it, it keeps saying "it might do something if you wait" but closing it doesn't seem to affect anything on my computer. I thought it was a space thing at first, but I have over half of my space freed up, and it wont even let me delete things in the settings apart from deleting photos or videos from my files. Also right before I read your message I had some anti virus thing pop up saying it detected something, but just yesterday my computer scanned and found no viruses, and I haven't installed, downloaded, or uploaded anything since then. I'm thinking about just switching to a laptop at this point, but I don't have the money or sane mind to use one (every single laptop I've owned either stopped working or the keys broke off/stopped working).

Bilaira Cipher

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
Have you tried any of these?
Best Free Antivirus Alternatives to Windows Defender of 2019 https://www.windowscentral.com/best-free-antivirus

The thing is, my computer already has a built in anti virus detection setting in it. It scanned for viruses just yesterday when I told it to and found nothing. I don't know if it is good or working, but it gives off different results than ones I've downloaded.

Bilaira Cipher

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
There's also this extra search engine that gets added to my computer when I download games, whether they are from trusted sites or not, and whether the app actually finishes the downloading process or not. It's called Chromium. I've never heard of it, but apparently it looks like an off brand version of Chrome (instead of green, yellow, red and blue, it's just 4 different shades of blue). This is the one thing that is always constant with downloads. I've gotten anti virus apps that practically scream at me maybe 3 times, but that weird search engine comes every single time. I don't know what company owns it, or if it is actually a secret virus, but it isn't currently on my computer and is pretty easy to delete.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
There's also this extra search engine that gets added to my computer when I download games, whether they are from trusted sites or not, and whether the app actually finishes the downloading process or not. It's called Chromium. I've never heard of it, but apparently it looks like an off brand version of Chrome (instead of green, yellow, red and blue, it's just 4 different shades of blue). This is the one thing that is always constant with downloads. I've gotten anti virus apps that practically scream at me maybe 3 times, but that weird search engine comes every single time. I don't know what company owns it, or if it is actually a secret virus, but it isn't currently on my computer and is pretty easy to delete.

Any chance of a screenshot?

Bilaira Cipher

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
Any chance of a screenshot?

I deleted it when it appeared because I didn't think it was important. This app called Updater comes up every time I turn on my computer. It's the one I mentioned above thats just a blank screen with a blinking _ in the top left corner. the logo is a > with a _ underneath it. I have to close the app twice for it to stop opening. It doesn't do anything, and even though it says that the process will eventually load, I've waited a long time and never saw anything happen. I don't know what it does. I also turned on my computer today and it said it had to restart to avoid a problem, but didn't tell me what the problem is. I'm deleting files/games on my computer to see if anything changes. Maybe the cause of this is an unknown or undetected virus I accidentally got when downloading something.

Bilaira Cipher

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
My trash bin is empty, I have nothing on my computer except photos I want to save/important files I don't think I should delete, and I'm hoping I can transfer the photos to a flash drive soon, but I've been saving photos on my computer for about 2 years, so I highly doubt that is the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb