How do you transfer text messages from Lumia 950XL to iPhone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

After 6 years on the Windows Phone/Mobile platform, I am finally jumping ship.

How do you transfer all text messages from Windows Mobile 10 to iPhone?

The rest (contacts/mail/pictures) seems easy with the Microsoft Account login.

Thanks

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Try this :) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smsbackup.leonardocezary.smsimporter&hl=en

All the best. We have a sister site. Consider joining :D

Welcome to Windows Central! We are all about Windows products here. You would have better luck finding help with that here: Android Central - Ask a Question

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

AndreMan

Sep 30, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

Has anyone found a solution to this? The link seems to be restricted to windows phone to Android and not iPhone.

I found a few others but they all seem to have an issue with this combination as well.

Thanks,
Andre

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The problem is with iMessage, not Windows. If you don't mind spending $40 there's a program called iSkysoft for PC and Mac that works very well but not all Windows phone models are supported. Both phones need to be connected via USB at the same time and you need to make sure you have the proper drivers installed. It ain't easy and it ain't cheap but it is possible.

JDOlywa

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
So, I am switching from my HP Elite x3 to iPhone. I am going to use an android phone I bought for Mexico as an intermediate device to get my texts over.

The iSkysoft program does not list sms or mms from WM10 to iOS as possible.

I am going to try the Pro version of the app in the Google Play store listed in ven07's post above to transfer my texts to an Android, and then use Apple's program in the Google Play store to move them to iOS when setting up my iPhone. The pro version says it will transfer mms, the free is sms.

It will be interesting if it works. I will use Outlook for the contacts.

Last edited:

JDOlywa

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
The method I described above worked great! But only if you are just setting up a new iPhone.

First, I downloaded "contacts + messages" from the Windows Store on the HP.

Then I downloaded "Import SMS from Windows Phone PRO" from the Play store.

The app in the Google Play store includes step by step instructions and was very easy to use.

Then I used Apple's program in the Play store to transfer to iOS during setup.

All 10,000 messages were transferred, but no pictures sent by text.

It will transfer contacts as well which you can add to the Google contacts in Android, then add them via google to the iPhone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss