How does WP handle iOS group messages?

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering how effectively WP's messaging handles iOS group messages. I get a lot and how my Android phone handles them is frustrating, difficult to follow, and annoying. Is WP any better?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a conversation last year on WP8.0 with three other iPhone users. (all 5's actually)
No issues.
I don't expect 8.1 to act any differently.

How is your Android a pain? WP treats it like any other conversation, multiple people instead of one name displayed, incoming texts are the same except with the sender's name added in a sort of subscript next to the date.

You can mute threads too.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
All Verizon phones do as well. You have the option to turn it on or off. rdubmu is thinking of a year span where Verizon did not allow it on WP8 devices but has since allowed it on every device.

Basically you have the option to receive them in a single thread of many people or from each person individually. The choice is yours.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering how effectively WP's messaging handles iOS group messages. I get a lot and how my Android phone handles them is frustrating, difficult to follow, and annoying. Is WP any better?

My family has iPhones of different vintages, no problems with group messages on my Icon. Should be fine

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I had a conversation last year on WP8.0 with three other iPhone users. (all 5's actually)
No issues.
I don't expect 8.1 to act any differently.

How is your Android a pain? WP treats it like any other conversation, multiple people instead of one name displayed, incoming texts are the same except with the sender's name added in a sort of subscript next to the date.

You can mute threads too.

Sorry, guess I didn't realize some phones display things differently. I would get a text message from "Chris" and think it was just a normal text... until 10 other people start replying to it in individual messages. Each one I can reply all to and send back to the chain. I recently installed Handcent and they have a plugin that finally groups them by a thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6