How does your Nokia smell?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, bit of an odd one, but in the spirit of pushing mobile technology boundaries...

I'm feeling dead nostalgic about my 930 even though it's new. It's the last true Nokia designed smart phone, and the last flagship WP8 phone. In fact, since Win10 is just Win10 this is the end of the Windows Phone OS run too, the end of an era. With Win10 in the air (sounds awful for PC and tablet) it is feeling all the more final.

So since smell as a sense is the most renound for evoking memories, perhaps a fresh pine scent would make my lovely green 930 feel like it really had that Finnish finish. 😁

But as we all know dabbing chemicals onto one's phone is risky business. Has anyone tried, and what do we know about safe things to apply to polycarbonate?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You could tape/glue an air freshener on the back of your phone... Like one of those flat cardboard trees that go in your car... Not sure it would be thin enough to slide between phone and a case.

Or maybe a scratch 'n sniff sticker on the back?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, the air freshener would be impregnated with pine oil, which I bet would not play well with the rear casing over time. I considered a 'danglie' from the headphone socket but they seem so chavvy (US trans... oh God knows, ask Cortana).

Sticker... doesn't seem very stylish.

I was thinking a dab of some scent or other, but perhaps I could mod a case? It would have to be a green CP-637 Nokia original of course. 😎

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
New idea for you. Buy a leather case and dip it in a liquid with strong pine extracts. You might not make your phone smell but it could give you the experience.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
New idea for you. Buy a leather case and dip it in a liquid with strong pine extracts. You might not make your phone smell but it could give you the experience.

I think you have it there, perhaps a little over the top dipping it, but the case is the thing. I think I am on safer ground scenting the outside of a green Nokia 930 flip case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077