How fast does your phone charge, what chargers do you use?

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
My phone charges terrible slow. I usually use a usb cable connected to my laptop or a dt-900 wireless charger.
But I hear some stuffs about quick charge 2.0, what is that all about? Also I looked up some 2.1A chargers, most of the ones I saw didnt come with a usb cable. Does this mean it will charger at 2.1A irrespective of the cable used?

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
My phone charges terrible slow. I usually use a usb cable connected to my laptop or a dt-900 wireless charger.
But I hear some stuffs about quick charge 2.0, what is that all about? Also I looked up some 2.1A chargers, most of the ones I saw didnt come with a usb cable. Does this mean it will charger at 2.1A irrespective of the cable used?

You need a 2.1A charger to charge it at the normal speed. A standard USB port just trickles out power. It would take more than twice as long to charge your phone that way. Unless you had USB 3.0 which I'm sure you don't

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
1. More comfortable
2. I got a three-mouthed adapter. In country, sockets are two-mouthed.
Anyway I plan on getting a 2A adapter but I don't know if I can use my nokia usb with it and take advantage of the 2A or I need a special usb also?

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to believe the packaging any more. I bought three different 2 amp chargers off eBay and two from a local store. All say 2 amp but none of the chargers will charge my phone while i'm using it. They will only charge with the screen off. My stock charger will charge while I am using the phone.

Jim

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
1. More comfortable
2. I got a three-mouthed adapter. In country, sockets are two-mouthed.
Anyway I plan on getting a 2A adapter but I don't know if I can use my nokia usb with it and take advantage of the 2A or I need a special usb also?

You can use any old USB cable just fine. If comfort is an issue for you invest in a battery backup with a 2.1a output! I have one that will charge my phone 5 times and you can take it anywhere! Super handy to have

Tim Bearden

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I used to use my Playbooks 2.1 charger and it was super fast. Since the update though, it now pops up saying its charging slow with it. I've found this the case with quite a few of the ones I used to use daily so now I'm back to the stock one that came with it. It seems to charge faster with that one than it did before though.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The OP didn't say what he thinks slow is. But FWIW with the charger it came with I get ~20% per hour. Since the phone will do 3 days on a charge it takes less than 2 hours to get one day of charge.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
The OP didn't say what he thinks slow is. But FWIW with the charger it came with I get ~20% per hour. Since the phone will do 3 days on a charge it takes less than 2 hours to get one day of charge.
My phone doesnt last 3 days. 1day 15hours on a full charge [ Can see more about that here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...how-earth-do-people-get-2-4-days-battery.html ]
And it takes more than 2hrs to charge (well my fault for using USB-Laptop I believe)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My phone doesnt last 3 days. 1day 15hours on a full charge [ Can see more about that here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...how-earth-do-people-get-2-4-days-battery.html ]
And it takes more than 2hrs to charge (well my fault for using USB-Laptop I believe)
Mine takes more than 2 hours to fully charge. It takes less than two hours of charging to get one days worth. If it was down to zero, it would take 5 hours to charge fully.

I saw your other thread but didn't even know where to start because it seemed to assume a lot of things that weren't necessarily true. Not saying anything you said wasn't right but based on all the facts, I would not have the same conclusions.

The biggest variable that may be overlooked is that the estimated battery life is not reliable. The phone relies on information from the battery other than just the current flowing from it to make the estimates. The battery itself could be misinforming the phone and I have the impression that is not unusual. I believe the phone's estimating programming tries to adjust for that based on past experience since the phone was last hard reset. So basically, a new phone is much more likely to give bad estimates than it will after it sees how well its estimates match reality. And everything I know about programming (I've written OSs) tells me the battery needs to be run WAY down to (a) see how reliable the battery's reporting is at all levels and (b) better compare its own estimates with reality. The more times, the better. If an owner's usage matches some developer's projection AND the battery and its own reporting matches the specs the more accurate estimates will be out of the box, but since the system is capable of self correcting estimates, there can get away with significant variations between individual parts.

The other question your thread raised was how typical was the usage in that very short time since full charge. Unless you are very unusual your phones actual battery usage varies quite a bit minute to minute between charges. Remaining estimates are based on past and current usage. So an estimate of remaining based on a very short time since the last charge may be way off particularly when there is little past history to factor in.

So my take was you MIGHT not have a problem but time will tell and if there was a problem it could be the battery rather than something harder to track down and repair, not that you will necessarily care what they had to fix.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven