how often do you hard reset your 920?

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
is it worth doing a hard reset back to factory state every now and again to keep the os running smoothly or does it not matter? i had an nexus 4 for a year and never had to do a hard reset on that so just wondered what other thought about wp8 os.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've only hard reset once. And that was because I got replacement L920 and had to return a bad handset. Beyond that, never. I've never found it necessary to reset it. Mine is about full and it is as smooth as it was the very first boot.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Never ... but I have flashed few times with a new firmware (a such new firmware that is available only by flashing it) ...

My Lumia 920 GDR3 (32 Gb) is almost full too, with 7 Gb apps, and it is smooth and working well too ...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I only did it once on the day I got it because I was having issues with my SIM card. The phone wasn't recognizing it. Of course, later on, I realized that it was my mistake because I had my SIM upside down.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Never ... but I have flashed few times with a new firmware (a such new firmware that is available only by flashing it) ...

My Lumia 920 GDR3 (32 Gb) is almost full too, with 7 Gb apps, and it is smooth and working well too ...
Care to share some details?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I've only hard reset once. And that was because I got replacement L920 and had to return a bad handset. Beyond that, never. I've never found it necessary to reset it. Mine is about full and it is as smooth as it was the very first boot.

Yup same here, just the once when I had to return my first unit since I had creaking issues. My current one has been beastial since I got it. Pretty much good as new OS wise. I've dropped it once so it's got dents in its armour

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Care to share some details?

Used 27 Gb from 29 Gb

Always mobile 3G internet enabled, wi-fi enabled (automatic at home/work) and location too - fb, fb beta app, wechat, skype, viber always online ... background tasks 9 allowed from 32 ...

Free space 1,9 Gb, Photos 7 Gb, Music 7 Gb, Maps 0,4 Gb, Other 2,4 Gb (I think that "Other" is vital for good operation, like page file / other caching)

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Really? I never hard reseted my Ativ S. Running it since April. Temp files are 650mb. Now running GDR3, at some point I think other storage was maybe 2.5gb. Never caused a problem.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Haven't had to hard reset mine. My mom and sister own 920's as well and they've never needed to reset either. To compare, I had to hard reset my Samsung Focus, 3 times in the same span of ownership.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
So far, never, but am thinking of it because some issues with my wallet. However, I have succesfully made a purchase, although my CC is not written in the wallet (it is on the M$ acount)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Never, unless there is some problem requiring such.

I've "had to" do it once (there would've been a way to fix it but I wasnt aware of it, so just factory reset), outside anything requiring it, I would never do it.

Sunil Tamboli

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey if you are on the developer preview program, can you tell me that is it possible to update the 'ME' tile picture to your hotmail account ? I ask because there was a bug in Amber update, Which only allows you to use your facebook profile picture as your 'ME' tile picture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel