How to add a university email account ?

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Im a college student and would like to add my university email account besides my hotmail account
while doing that he keeps asking me for the " domain " but i dont really know with what should I fill it in with

derDaniel

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Im a college student and would like to add my university email account besides my hotmail account
while doing that he keeps asking me for the " domain " but i dont really know with what should I fill it in with

well, I had some trouble adding my college mail to my outlook.
The solution was that my university linked my account to an dns server and the mail actually just been pushed to this mail address.
After some research I found the original mail address which had to do with my college ID.
Maybe it's the same here.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

On the university computers in the lab, are they Windows machines? When you log in, is there a field for User name, password, and domain on the login dialog? If so, what's in the domain field is probably the domain you'd use.

Also if you ever log in to a web-based email or something and need to log in as SOMETHING\username, SOMETHING is your domain.

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Your best option is to email/call/go to your IT department and ask them what the domain is if you can't find out elsewhere.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
it should be any thing after @. You may follow the instructions for iPhone's ActiveSync or exchange set up

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
You need to know if it is running off of Google or Microsoft, etc. I have a google university email and set it up as "imap4". using imap.google.com as the incoming and SMTP.google.com as the outgoing. Also you have to turn on forwarding of email on your email browser, under settings (Gmail or live).

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Call the IT Department at your school. They will tell you all info. Or check their website, sometimes they list all that online.

ltyarbro42

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
My school has a outlook account and I just use the imap. I found all the info for it on the actual email account website. From there it was plug and chug
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h