How to Associate Phone with Account?

Snoops8

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I recently had to return my Radar in for a defective headphone jack. When I got the new phone, I went to the website to try to remove my old phone from my account. I really couldn't tell which phone was new and which was old, since both listed it as 'HTC Radar' on the website. I assumed the phone without my phone number next to it was the old phone, so I clicked on 'remove my phone.'

However, afterwards I tried the "find my phone" action on the website, as well as the "ring my phone" action, and both times it failed. I tried installing some apps from the website by messaging, and that didn't work either. Now I think I possibly have removed the wrong phone. How do I check if the right phone is associated with the account, and if I removed the wrong phone, how do I add it again?

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I never did much with the Find my Phone stuff, but I just clicked on it and it displays a map of where it is in the correct location. My phone does list a phone number though.

To add it again, you probably just have to set up the Live ID on your phone again. Check the settings in the People hub. If you have nothing to lose, maybe you can reset your phone and set the account up again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos