How to clean space from Photos native app? WP10 and Lumia 640

andriumota

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
No photos on device and Onedrive showing photos option disabled, but app keeps sizing around 1GB. Cannot uninstall or move it to SD Card. Any ideas?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
No photos on device and Onedrive showing photos option disabled, but app keeps sizing around 1GB. Cannot uninstall or move it to SD Card. Any ideas?

Go to file manager app and check what is actually in the pictures folder that is consuming 1GB of space. Alternatively you can check using a pc

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

Pictures folder is empty, i think onedrive images is consuming 1GB but i?ve disabled onedrive in photos app.

it could be showing the space used up by photos in onedrive app and not space used up in the phone.

Can you check storage under general settings > system >storage. See if the phone actually reflects the large usage by photos

andriumota

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Using file explorer Pictures folder on local device is empty, all photos are stored in OneDrive, i think the app is caching Onedrive played videos and pictures so i want to delete all app cache, since all info is stored on Cloud.

andriumota

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Checking Settings, System, Storate it reflects that the Photos App (in App and Games section) is consumig aprox 1GB and 0 bytes in Images section.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Checking Settings, System, Storate it reflects that the Photos App (in App and Games section) is consumig aprox 1GB and 0 bytes in Images section.

That is puzzling indeed. on my phone it shows photos app using 33MB. I'm not sure what else can be done exceot for to hope that the next update for photos app can resolve this issue,

The last option is a hard reset

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro