How to convince iPhone and Android users to make the switch?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I think this again comes down to whether or not MS really thinks it can gain a large market share throughout the cellphone market, or aim for a niche, at least initially. If it's the latter, it doesn't really matter if there's a million little apps that to neat little things that are of no consequence to those within the specific niche.

I'm just happy you're not resorting to hyperbole....

MS has already made it very clear that their aim is the Enterprise market and not the whole cellphone market.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
MS has already made it very clear that their aim is the Enterprise market and not the whole cellphone market.

True, Microsoft has publicly said this. It makes me curious about the rumors of HP producing another handset, seemingly aimed at the consumer market. I wonder about their thought process, and how much they are collaborating with Microsoft on this.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
True, Microsoft has publicly said this. It makes me curious about the rumors of HP producing another handset, seemingly aimed at the consumer market. I wonder about their thought process, and how much they are collaborating with Microsoft on this.

Well for me hope springs eternal - I LOVE Win10M phones. Maybe there'll be some companies that, MS permitting, will try to keep the consumer market alive and even grow it for Windows phones. But I just don't know or rather doubt that MS will contribute much to that.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well for me hope springs eternal - I LOVE Win10M phones. Maybe there'll be some companies that, MS permitting, will try to keep the consumer market alive and even grow it for Windows phones. But I just don't know or rather doubt that MS will contribute much to that.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

What does MS have to lose? If an OEM is footing the R&D costs, design & manufacturing expenses as well as marketing, that's a win-win for Redmond.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
What does MS have to lose? If an OEM is footing the R&D costs, design & manufacturing expenses as well as marketing, that's a win-win for Redmond.
Like I said, for me, hope springs eternal. But I'm 68 I ain't got as many years as others to wait for it. That's why I've kept service on my ICON and AIN'T gonna give up. As long as I'm alive I'm wishin' and hopin' and waitin....:winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I wish Microsoft would just buy some lesser known phone builder and slap WM10 on 4 or 5 phones of varying sizes with great hardware for $250.00 bucks or less.
Quit all this insider shenanigans it's like torture that less and less users are enjoying anymore.
Just leave the OS alone and quit fixing it...this whole deal is just insane.

Isn't it just possible to re-manufacture broken features to run on the OS instead of readjusting the OS to run all the broken apps?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wish Microsoft would just buy some lesser known phone builder and slap WM10 on 4 or 5 phones of varying sizes with great hardware for $250.00 bucks or less.
Quit all this insider shenanigans it's like torture that less and less users are enjoying anymore.

Isn't it just possible to re-manufacture broken features to run on the OS instead of readjusting the OS to run all the broken apps?

That post makes pretty little sense.

I would like the ability to upvote paragraphs. For example, in this case I want to hit the 'LIKE' button for the first paragraph, and the 'WTF' button on the one that follows. :)

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
What post doesn't make sense?
Use the quote feature so we know who you are pointing at.

Ok.

That post makes pretty little sense.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This one

sounds um .. unlike any prose I've recently been exposed to. Might make perfect sense after a few drinks though, gimme a minute.

Ahhh...
Who am I anyhoo.
If the people running the asylum can't figure all this out there's no way I'd ever be able to understand what should happen, but isn't...
:)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If the people running the asylum can't figure all this out there's no way I'd ever be able to understand what should happen, but isn't...
Darn it, I think I overshot. Now I've had one too many drinks. :winktongue:

Anyway, it's been fun, good night all. :)

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi there! I don't know squat about phones, but I do know about a couple of drinks. I'm on my second and it's not very long before my bed time.
Let me know when the next party starts. I'll try not to be late!:wink: Good night Joe!
It's good to have a little fun once in awhile!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo