How to get into insider preview once again? Lumia 920/1020

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi guys,
I had rolled back to Windows Phone 8.1 on both my lumia phones almost 2 months back & wanted to try the current channel. I have installed the Windows insider, enrolled for the fast ring and to my disappointment, no updates were anymore to be found.
Does it mean I can never avail the current preview channel on these lumia phones?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I had rolled back to Windows Phone 8.1 on both my lumia phones almost 2 months back & wanted to try the current channel. I have installed the Windows insider, enrolled for the fast ring and to my disappointment, no updates were anymore to be found.
Does it mean I can never avail the current preview channel on these lumia phones?

Exactly, as MS Insider team warned. Uneligible phones can't use Insider anymore because Release Preview Ring is reserved to Redstone builds now, no more Threshold (available for X2X serie too).
But there the solution :

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-redstone-unsupported-devices-x2x-series.html

rajthampi

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Maurizio Troso!
Actually I asked the question and later realized that I wasn't logged in. Yes, I read about those warnings earlier and yet wanted to give it a try. Hoping there is a "work around" method ;)
Thanks once again buddy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle