How to map OneDrive as a Drive Letter in Windows 10

1olive

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Wow..thanks for that..now that ive actually managed to get past welcomw screen (48hrs troubleshooting) once i managed to get online im gonna do this too..lov it..thnx

David Chapman5

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I have just waisted an hour wondering why I was getting the "Access Denied" message when trying to map a drive letter to my OneDrive account. The small login box prefilled my login name and prefixed it with "Microsoft Account". Delete those words from your login name and everyone is happy.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have just waisted an hour wondering why I was getting the "Access Denied" message when trying to map a drive letter to my OneDrive account. The small login box prefilled my login name and prefixed it with "Microsoft Account". Delete those words from your login name and everyone is happy.

Thanks for that tip, David. I'll need to add that to the tutorial later today when I get the time. That's exactly what I just had to do. That's something that Windows 10 was not doing when I first did the tutorial.

Just bought a new detachable laptop and am loving it, but with a 128GB SSD and 1TB of space on my OneDrive with more than 128GB used, I was definitely needing to set this up again. Hence my return from my long absence. I'll get this tutorial fixed sometime today.

Tropi67

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
Hi there,

in general this manual works great, but in Windows 10 it keeps asking for username & password after every reboot, because Win 10 does add MicrosoftAccount\ before the email address automatically. Even though I'm deleting it and again save the credentials after next reboot it's back again.
Did anybody solve this issue?

Thanks
Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatboy7000