How to revert back to WP8 - Nokia Software Recovery Tool questions

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Under "Touch" there is no setting for Windows Keys as there was before. Very odd... I've installed the SysApp Pusher and there is nothing for touch!! What the heck??

Install all other system apps as well, my guess is its the extras+info update but I would suggest updating all system apps.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
OK, I finally found all of them!! Wow, I never knew about this app!! Thank you so much!!

Good for you. It's a great app. The only pain WAS that you had to initially add all apps to the list but now WP8.1 automatically checks for updates to apps and you can even check manually.
You can even export your app list to OneDrive.

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have flashed both my 1020 and 1520 back to WP8 from the developer preview using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. Just plug your phone in and wait for the firmware to be downloaded and then it takes about three minutes to complete. When you first plug your phone in it will tell that it is going to reinstall the firmware that Is already on the phone but of course it cannot do that as the Dev Preview isn't available on the Nokia servers so you will get a clean install of WP8. On my UK sim free 1520 I have 1028.3562.1402.0001, OS version 8.0.10521.155
This method will wipe all of your data

ACtrip

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I so want to revert back to 8, 8.1's music player is messed up by saying that I don't have the right's to play most of my songs. I downloaded iMusic player but it sucks and music is what I use my phone the most, now I have to wait since I hate Windows (not Windows Phone) and there isn't a Mac version of the tool.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
The lesson of the story. Leave the Developer Preview to the experts, and don't download beta software and expect it to work without problems.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I so want to revert back to 8, 8.1's music player is messed up by saying that I don't have the right's to play most of my songs. I downloaded iMusic player but it sucks and music is what I use my phone the most, now I have to wait since I hate Windows (not Windows Phone) and there isn't a Mac version of the tool.

Try going to the Xbox music site and remove the phone. I was having a similar issue. When I did this the phone re-added itself and all was well.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Try either using Nokia Mix Radio instead as that works a lot better, or soft reset the phone. After I reset my 520 everything in the music app worked better, also bear in mind the music app is getting updated on the 24th.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
New version of this seems to be available - version 1.4.1 - main change appears to be it's now a lot easier to downgrade back to 8.0: "A mandatory update has arrived - Support for latest products - Robustness fixes to the fast download - Downgrade is now allowed to latest available software (from developer preview to latest commercial version)"

PREMS DARSHAN

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Guys pls help me ...
I'm having a problem during Downgrade of Software..
I'm having NOKIA RECOVERY TOOL 1.4.1
And it downloads the Latest Available Software but During Installation ( at 90 to 96 % ) it shows a Failure Error code ..
Pls help me .. What's the Solution for this...?

PREMS DARSHAN

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Uffff..
GODS GRACE..
FINALLY I'VE DONE IT...
JUST REMOVED MEMORY CARD -&- SIM CARD AND THEN TRIED AGAIN...
IT JUST GOT SMOOTHER...
THANKS EVERYONE...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786