How to set the caller speech ID on for Lumia 640 XL

Sanjeeva Nagmoti

May 6, 2015
Visit site
have a Lumiaxl windows phone with 8.1 update 2 OS and with lumia denim. and with cortana ALPHA.

I am checking the options to set the caller name speech ID ON, but unable to find the setting for this. If I put the narrator ON all the screen setting will get change, and this is not comfort to operate the phone.

I checked all the blogs and unable tofind the settings suggested on this model (640xl).

pl suggest so that I can hear the caller name when my phone starts ringing.. This helps a lot while driving.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You can not find this setting because there is no setting for this. (except Narrator)

What you could try is "make" dedicated ringtones for every caller and this ringtone should be a recording were you say the name of the caller. Not sure if it works and how much work it is but you could try it first with one caller.

Good luck.

Woodman1914

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Out of curiosity, were you referring to the Truecaller app? If so, were you able to get it working? I had Truecaller working ok on Lumia 1520 ATT USA version, but the Caller-ID toggle does not go ON for Lumia 640XL international version (RM-1096_1001), and it just doesn't work. I sent Truecaller a question about this and waiting their response.

WW

Len2487

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Out of curiosity, were you referring to the Truecaller app? If so, were you able to get it working? I had Truecaller working ok on Lumia 1520 ATT USA version, but the Caller-ID toggle does not go ON for Lumia 640XL international version (RM-1096_1001), and it just doesn't work. I sent Truecaller a question about this and waiting their response.

WW

Same here. I have a 640xl and just cant get caller ID to stay in the "on" position. Was using the 720 earlier and true caller worked fine on that. Which makes it even more frustrating. There's an FAQ on true caller that suggests installing the Gesture app to make it work. Tried that, still nothing. Very annoying

Woodman1914

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I have a 640xl and just cant get caller ID to stay in the "on" position. Was using the 720 earlier and true caller worked fine on that. Which makes it even more frustrating. There's an FAQ on true caller that suggests installing the Gesture app to make it work. Tried that, still nothing. Very annoying

Thanks for verifying that it's not an isolated case.

WW

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo