How to stream videos\audio\photos from your PC to WP8

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
There are only two steps :evil:
1. Install Tversity Media Server on PC
2. Install Streaming Media (free) app or Yxplayer WP8 paid app (Note: Yxplayer has best compatibility, it literally plays every video with full sound that I have thrown at it). You'll need to find out the IP address of the computer hosting Tversity for Streaming Media app. IP address is not needed with Yxplayer app. To find out the LAN IP address, use "Command Prompt" or go to Run and type in cmd, then press Enter key. You should see a window that says something like cmd.exe, now type in ipconfig and press Enter button. Look for the IPv4 Address, example 192.168.0.2

Settings for Streaming Media:
Make sure to enable Force Profile in Settings. Exit and restart the app to take affect. Go to Connections and add IP address of Tversity server.

Last edited:

Patric.Z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, sorry to bring up this old thread, but is there anyway to stream video without a server app on the windows pc? An app that can access the shared folders in the home network?

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

justnatural

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi! can you please tell me what do I do after installing yxplayer on my wp8 phone and Tversity Media Server on my PC ?
How do i make the connection between the PC and the yxplayer so that I can see the files on my computer?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb