How to turn off voice notifications

UltraTin

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I'm a newbie to windows phone 8 and just recently migrated over from Android. Many things are unfamiliar to me and I'm sorry if I'm posting this on a wrong forum.
Anyway, I've got my HTC 8X for a bout a week now and there is one thing that has been annoying the **** out of me. The voice notification whenever I received a message. I can't find the settings to turn it off anywhere is its really disturbing sometimes. Any help would be much appreciated.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Here is the options to change it or disable it:

in "Settings - speech - Read incoming text message aloud" in there you have the options to: "Off - Always On - Bluetooth and headsets - Bluetooth only - wire headset only". Yours is probably set to always on.

UltraTin

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for all the suggestion. I managed to to turn it off! there is another problem I'm facing. I can't get any youtube or twitter app to be working. The error messages states that my time and date or region is set wrongly but it's not. Anything I can do?

LumiaFanToo

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I saw a response that SMS voice notifications can be turned off, but there is no such "speech" setting in Windows 10. This a big problem. On a business call, and the voice comes on for a text over my Bluetooth. I turned off text notification altogether, doesn't help.

Dave Shea

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I saw a response that SMS voice notifications can be turned off, but there is no such "speech" setting in Windows 10. This a big problem. On a business call, and the voice comes on for a text over my Bluetooth. I turned off text notification altogether, doesn't help.
Look under Cortana settings. You can change it there

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamododomunı