HTC one M8 and Hey Cortana

Matthew Carr

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone gotten Hey Cortana to work on an HTC one M8, I am currently running 10.0.15254.401 and from what I have read the shipset should support Hey Cortana. Just kind of messing around with the HTC, I have an ICON as a daily driver. Any help or advice would appreciated. I have installed the Interop Tools but it won't let me write new keys (think that is the correct terminology) to the registry. Thanks again for any help...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone gotten Hey Cortana to work on an HTC one M8, I am currently running 10.0.15254.401 and from what I have read the shipset should support Hey Cortana. Just kind of messing around with the HTC, I have an ICON as a daily driver. Any help or advice would appreciated. I have installed the Interop Tools but it won't let me write new keys (think that is the correct terminology) to the registry. Thanks again for any help...
Its probably missing the keys and values provisioned for it to work. You can try this xda thread as a resource for the keys needed. As far as interoper tools not allowing registry writing, make sure you pushed the ndtk service packages to the M8 with iutool.exe.

Matthew Carr

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to sound like a moron here or waste your time, but is there a tutorial out there explaining how to do that? Trying to figure out if sticking with the ICON is the way to go or to give the M8 a try. Again, I appreciate the help.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to sound like a moron here or waste your time, but is there a tutorial out there explaining how to do that? Trying to figure out if sticking with the ICON is the way to go or to give the M8 a try. Again, I appreciate the help.
Yes. XDA forums is the place to look for that type of help. I'll be honest though with the way Microsoft sidelined Windows 10 Mobile, good help on the xda threads can be scarce.

You Will need some Windows development kit resources installed to send those ndtk packages.

Did you try gus33000's thread yet? Down at the section labeled "For all Other OEM Devices".

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I tried it. Guess I am missing something or not smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for trying...
Any error codes during the use of iutool?

At what part are you thinking that you're missing something?

I can help further if you need maybe I can help you to be able to edit the M8s registry at least.

I honestly have been looking for a cheap M8 to have around again, but I need either an at&t unlocked one or the T-mobile model...so with that note I could be off in certain assessments of it until I am an owner of one again.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I tried it. Guess I am missing something or not smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for trying...
You were smart enough to put the latest build on an unsupported device, don't sell yourself short. We were all rookies once so just dedicate a few minutes every now and again and sort out the lingo on XDA as @nate0 suggested. There's nothing you can do to the registry that a hard reset won't fix. Best of luck.

Matthew Carr

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I will keep at it... So to help let you know where I am at. I have a Verizon HTC one M8. It is currently running W10M 15254.401 after doing the offline upgrade to W10M I installed Interop Tools and mimicked as a Lumia 950 and has upgraded to the current level. With not many options out there, I am trying to see what is the best/better (from my opinion) windows phone on the Verizon network. I have an ICON at pretty much the same level, so they both kind of do they same thing. I do prefer some of the features of the HTC (camera is not a big deal for me). So the last hurdle for me to start driving the HTC as a daily driver is the Hey Cortana option. I read in another thread where a guy got it working on a 640 XL. I have the Interop Tool version 2.0.79.0 on the HTC and it lets me write/change registry values, but I can't write a new Registry Key Name. I tried following the GUS33000 for other OEM's and think that is where I am having my problem... Sorry for such a lengthy post, hopefully you guys can help me from there, I do appreciate all the assistance...

Matthew Carr

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, needed to change the phone registry settings to the ICON before trying to install NDTK files. After that, they installed and just added the Hey Cortana and tada...

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
on a scale from 1-10 how hard was it installing win 10 on the HTC? I LUV the look of HTC phones ever since I had the HTC HD7... if it isn't too hard, I would pick up a cheap HTC M8 and slap windows 10 on it and have fun as a sh*ts N giggles play device... and does everything work and also is it slow or normal?

Matthew Carr

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
It is not to bad, I actually just had a problem with my SD card and now that I know the process I am taking it back to 8.1 and starting the upgrade process to 10 all over agaim with the HEY CORTANA activation

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb