I am looking for old, smaller, offline, HERE maps. The new ones are too big.

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for old, smaller, offline, HERE maps. The new ones are too big.

I have a Nokia Lumia 520 phone. In december 2013, when I bought it, I downloaded a few offline HERE maps. I deleted them in the meantime.
A few days ago I wanted to download the maps again but I had the surprise to find them a few times larger than in 2013. I do not have enough space in the phone memory to install them and, I understand that, they will not work on an SD card (memory extension).

Is there a place where I can find the old 2013 HERE maps to reinstall them?
They were good. I do not need more information than they had.

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have found an application called Storage Sense installed in my phone by the last updates. Storage Sense has clearly two options: (1) phone and (2) SD Card. However if I select SD card, and issue the following commands:
Storage Sense -> SD card -> maps -> manage -> download maps -> "+" -> Cyprus the new map (used as a test because its size is small) is loaded in the phone memory instead of the SD card. Is this a bug?

simplex1

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I believe it is a bug as long as the word "maps" appears under "SD card" in Storage Sense:

SD card
photos
downloads
maps
temporary files

"Maps" should not be in the list since no map can be stored in the SD card.

Last edited:

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
You can still have the maps on SD card, if you still have the old beta app. Just don't lose it, don't delete it and don't make a hard reset - then it's gone.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs