I built a new rig, installed windows 10, plug in wifi USB and after a few minutes things don't work.

tommy14939

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
Please help! Built a new desktop and installed windows 10 (newly purchased license) via flashdrive. I then set this up, plug in Wifi adaptor (trendnet) as no wifi on my motherboard. Internet connects great but then when I try and run updates or anything at all in fact, the screen flashes and then comes back as a slightly different version of windows (bottom right just has time and date not icons) and then I can't open any tabs or anything on this screen. What's happening?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Can you install the drivers from the OEM of the wifi card?

Edit: I would also try to install the wifi card, but plug your ethernet cable into the motherboard. Windows may find the drivers for it online (the ethernet cable should override the wifi card).

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
if the wifi adapter is USB, try a different USB port.

otherwise, try using wired Ethernet cable and get OEM drivers for the wifi adapter.

Edit: try using the PC without the wifi adapter to rule that out as a possible culprit.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Use a different PC and create a new USB using the media creation tool from Microsoft. The easiest way to resolve this to reinstall windows as it's a fresh install and make sure you completely delete all the partitons during the install process.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss