I got Denim

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
o2 Germany kept their promise and published Lumia Cyan and Denim a (very) few days ago. As I have not had Cyan before separately, I can not identify every difference, but from the feature lists*, I'm sure it's Denim!
Any questions about the new features?
Edit: Lumia 925, o2 Germany

If your talking about the feature list* just under Lumia Denim in your screenshot, I have those "new features" too,
I got them from the most recent update of Extras+ Info but I'm still on Lumia Amber.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

ACynicalLamp

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Black update would have been the Nokia site. I clearly linked the new Microsoft site. Sorry to hear about the misfortune you had in the past with a different company running things. :)

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Using the power of knowledge I have gone to the official website for updates for his phone and behold children:

Availability in Europe - Nokia

It's not Denim. Stop spreading rumors and creating false hope that others will eat up and carry on about.

With the power that you have did you notice that the core build ID for O2 in germany ends with .0005
where as with the op it ends in .10362 like the rest of us and if he is not in DP which he isnt then as apparently O2 had promised them they must have released it simultaneously.

If you look at the screen shot the build creation date is 15.09.14 while the rest of us on DP the build creation date is 10.07.14. why shouldnt their update not be called Denim? did your research tell you that?Lumia Cyan and Denim updates come to O2 Germany in Q4 - GSMArena.com news

No, you read wrong ;) I got three system updates published on one day (followed by several app updates).
Now it reads Lumia Denim everytime I open up Extras + Infos.
Screenshots:

View attachment 85009 View attachment 85010

Edit:
View attachment 85013

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Ebuka Allison said:
Check out the build creation dates... its recent , far more recent than the pfd fix for Cyan which is August
My 1020 got a Cyan update in september, build date is 2nd of Sep.

I don't think this is Denim but it's possible that you got official GDR1, as the AtivS1 has received and the Lumia 930 (OS update, with a small FW update, but for 930, it remains Cyan though).

On a 925, GDR1 is probably more important than Denim, as you won't get much novelties through Denim (camera-oriented features are more for the x30 generation than the older x20 one). So enjoy even if it's not Denim

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
If it says Denim, shows a build creation date after Denim was announced and comes from a carrier which promised to deliver denim with Cyan in October.... then its most likely Denim
My 1020 got a Cyan update in september, build date is 2nd of Sep.

I don't think this is Denim but it's possible that you got official GDR1, as the AtivS1 has received and the Lumia 930 (OS update, with a small FW update, but for 930, it remains Cyan though).

On a 925, GDR1 is probably more important than Denim, as you won't get much novelties through Denim (camera-oriented features are more for the x30 generation than the older x20 one). So enjoy even if it's not Denim

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
How come OS version is the same as mine (8.10.14176.243) and no Denim for me?
Build creation date is much older in my case though

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Ebuka Allison said:
If it says Denim, shows a build creation date after Denim was announced and comes from a carrier which promised to deliver denim with Cyan in October.... then its most likely Denim

The carrier promised during Q4. Obviously denim is coming first to 1520 and 930 as promised by Microsoft. When I look to all the other elements except OS, the versions are the same as on my 1020.

I hope you're right though, it would mean Denim is coming to older devices quickly. I guess we'll know more next week, if O2 says more or if extras+infos is updated again.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Exactly it shows denim irrespective of how many times I open extras+info in my Lumia 925...Its just a bug or just a prep rollout of apps for denim in the coming weeks.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Ebuka Allison said:
Denim is the firmware, it does not affect the OS version. When you get Denim, your OS version will not change.

You're technically aboslutely right, but in practice, what happens is that a new OS and a new FW are rolled out the same time. The 930 got GDR1 2 weeks ago (officially, not DevPreview) and Cyan was updated (minor update).

So when we get Denim, our OS version is likely to be changed if GDR1 is distributed in the same time, even if, as you said, the OS is not changed BECAUSE of Denim.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
You're technically aboslutely right, but in practice, what happens is that a new OS and a new FW are rolled out the same time. The 930 got GDR1 2 weeks ago (officially, not DevPreview) and Cyan was updated (minor update).

So when we get Denim, our OS version is likely to be changed if GDR1 is distributed in the same time, even if, as you said, the OS is not changed BECAUSE of Denim.

Yeah well I've gotten an update in August and my OS version didn't change so...yeah...

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

Os version is the same but if you look at the firmware number it is different. Look up the rollout info on the microsoft website under germany O2 it ends in 0005 but the OP has a different number, refer screenshots.

P.S I meant core build ID not firmware

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I am getting out soon :p
I am just saying As much as I want to believe it is not denim for us all on DP the core build ID and build date is the same where in OP's case the date is different.
You are right it is not Denim. His phone is Sick :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077