I have the 830

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I don't gain anything by posting lies here.
Seriously, I have an App called Picture Info and it shows the pictures were taken by Lumia 830.

The FFC picture has it. Although it is weird that the regular pictures are 8MP. The benchmarks are about what I was expecting as well.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft camera is like instant. Nokia Camera has slight delay when loading. Taking picture is also instant with Microsoft Camera as well as going back to see the picture you has taken.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft camera is like instant. Nokia Camera has slight delay when loading. Taking picture is also instant with Microsoft Camera as well as going back to see the picture you has taken.

Thanks so much for your information, seem like it's promising :D Can't wait to try Denim >.< It just cannot come soon enough >.<

Parazels

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Zack251, thank you for the review. You mentioned you had both Nokia 820 and 830. Could you compare, where the same apps launch faster on the phones? Which one works faster? Multitasking? I mean a real hand-on test, not benchmarks.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
So... does that mean the new Denim camera or Lumia Camera isn't any faster :(?

Is it Nokia camera or Lumia camera cuz if your using Nokia one , then you'll see some delays.
Remember that Lumia camera is a separate app than Nokia camera meaning you can have Nokia camera and Lumia camera at the same time as two apps as I saw this in a video.,,!

humantic

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
So At&t LTE is very much working. I waited till getting to work because coverage and speeds are better, not as good as others I've seen but I'll take it.

wp_ss_20140930_0001.pngwp_ss_20140930_0002.png

YanivC

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Nokia USA and they have confirmed that Glance is not working on the prototypes because they are still not supported officially until the release date.
As far as the rep explained, they will receive their proper updates and Glance v3.xx will be made available to all the phones. PHEW! I would REALLY miss glance! So that's good news!

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Is it Nokia camera or Lumia camera cuz if your using Nokia one , then you'll see some delays.
Remember that Lumia camera is a separate app than Nokia camera meaning you can have Nokia camera and Lumia camera at the same time as two apps as I saw this in a video.,,!

Yes, I meant the Lumia Camera, the new one with Denim. Is it noticeably faster than the current Nokia Camera?

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I meant the Lumia Camera, the new one with Denim. Is it noticeably faster than the current Nokia Camera?

Yes its waaaaaay faster than Nokia camera. No resuming or loading screen.
Plus its faster in taking and saving pictures too.
If you want I can even post the video for you to see by yourself the difference...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Nokia USA and they have confirmed that Glance is not working on the prototypes because they are still not supported officially until the release date.
As far as the rep explained, they will receive their proper updates and Glance v3.xx will be made available to all the phones. PHEW! I would REALLY miss glance! So that's good news!

WOOT!!!! then i just have to wait for it to come :D...... sweet :)!!! that made my day

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Good news for those that ordered the prototypes. But what "release date" are they talking about? A U.S. release date? When is that? Hopefully not November 7...

YanivC

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
hasasimo... unfortunately yes. Or rather... whenever the product is "officially" released. The product is either 830 or Denim update. Im going to assume both will come out around the same time.

YanivC

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sahib... mine too :)
Once you get used to Glance you realize how incredibly useful it is. I did notice something strange though.
I downloaded the Lumia Preview Updater app from the app store and also Glance Beta. When I tried to run Glance Beta, I got a "Failed to initialize" error. I uninstalled it and then turned on my music and guess what.... the Music background had my glance notifications suddenly. PLUS the sensor picked up my hand waving over it and the glance screen appeared. Whats weird is that it only worked while playing music.

Whatever... as long as I got confirmation that it will get here with the official release, thats all I really care about.

That is... unless the 1530 ends up being a 5.7 inch beast. Then I might have to get another phone :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Sahib... mine too :)
Once you get used to Glance you realize how incredibly useful it is. I did notice something strange though.
I downloaded the Lumia Preview Updater app from the app store and also Glance Beta. When I tried to run Glance Beta, I got a "Failed to initialize" error. I uninstalled it and then turned on my music and guess what.... the Music background had my glance notifications suddenly. PLUS the sensor picked up my hand waving over it and the glance screen appeared. Whats weird is that it only worked while playing music.

Whatever... as long as I got confirmation that it will get here with the official release, thats all I really care about.

That is... unless the 1530 ends up being a 5.7 inch beast. Then I might have to get another phone :)
huh thats interesting i haven't played with my 830 yet ( getting my mini sim) but if its really true that all we need an update and those who have the prototype get updated i will be super satisfied with this phone :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria