I have the 830

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I get better results than that on my 830 and on another thread the 830 beats the 820 by 20 points

Well my 920 scores better than some of the basemark scores posted here, only place where the 920 lags is in the system score but overall it still wins. The 830's performance should improve once it receives firmware updates, but then so would the 920 :-/

Wow I'm so very confused now

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I may suggest that we may find overall CPU performance falls a little behind S4 while GPU performance beats S4. And on a 28nm process, it will run WAY cooler and be WAY more battery efficient. There is no way I would consider the S400 inferior to the S4.

humantic

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Well my 920 scores better than some of the basemark scores posted here, only place where the 920 lags is in the system score but overall it still wins. The 830's performance should improve once it receives firmware updates, but then so would the 920 :-/

Wow I'm so very confused now

I'm confused by the numbers too, but using the 830 it does feel faster. Most apps load faster on startup and resume, a few exceptions like the NFL are just horrid on start up. Comparing it against my 920 its lighter, thinner, better camera and SD card slot, for me it was worth getting.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I may suggest that we may find overall CPU performance falls a little behind S4 while GPU performance beats S4. And on a 28nm process, it will run WAY cooler and be WAY more battery efficient. There is no way I would consider the S400 inferior to the S4.
Well GPU performance still falls below the S4 in the 920 but yes, the 28nm might make the phone run cooler and batter efficient. Either way I am still debating on whether to get the 830 or not, I would be coming from a pentaband 920

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
That's why I do not post any benchmark results here. I ran the benchmark but the results were inconsistant. What matters to me is the real performance when you use it.

That benchmark looks like junk to me. Highly inconsistent results across very similar hardware is a HUGE red flag.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Benchmarks are just guidelines, not the ultimate, single deciding factor. They're very specific, but they do give hints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been spending the past 2 hours trying to get my Microsoft Account to sync -_-. Everything else with the device seems to be fine. I've tried everything I've found on the web to fix this but there isn't much info about it. It's error code 800704CF.

I've given up and am now trying a hard reset.

*EDIT: The weird thing is that it loaded all my settings and downloaded all my apps automatically. But my Microsoft and Twitter accounts are forever trying to sync. Any ideas? I've tried everything I can think of, including changing date/time settings.

*EDIT 2: Turns out I just had to be patient. It literally takes a few hours for everything to finish syncing. Just a heads up in case you run into the same problem. Everything is working flawlessly! I love my orange Lumia 830 :excited:

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Remove, then add the accounts perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, but you can't remove the main Microsoft Account connected with the phone. The problem has been solved though. As I indicated in the edited post, I just had to be patient. Apparently it takes hours for your Microsoft Account to syncronise on initial setup. Keep that in mind if you're restoring all your previous settings, apps, etc.

Everything is up and running perfectly :amaze:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99