I like the SMS fuction in Skype preview.

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sent means successful delivery from your device to the network server. It does NOT mean the other person has received it, I know this for a FACT as I am a Mobile telecoms Manager. Other person might have their phone OFF but you can still send to them, they will pick up their messages from the network once they switch on again, you need to have delivery reports ON for confirmation of delivery meaning that message has been sent to that device and received by that device.

Very informative, thank you.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
One peculiarity- People who are in my regular people hub, but not on Skype don't show up with names while texting. I can only see their numbers in the Skype app.

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Been using Skype Preview SMS (can't see where to read version) on Win 10 PC and Phone. Works really well most of the time! Typical time to send message from PC is about 2s. Occasionally buggy but these should improve with time.

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been experiencing some syncing issues lately with my surface book. For some reason the texts I send out from my L950xl are not syncing. So I'll receive messages fine and they come at the same time on my surface book and L950xl, but if I'm out and am sending texts then later come back home my sent messages don't get synced up. Things were working relatively fine up until the last 4-5 days, so I'm not sure if it's a back-end issue?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
To get this thread moving again, I've been using Skype now for a few weeks for my texting and have zero complaints. Its working well and think MS has something good going here. Not a complaint but kind of looking forward to future updates with more features.

Sent from mTalk

Stanleywinston

May 31, 2015
Visit site
mine stopped working but is back now. there is an option in settings now to get a code on the non-phone and enter the code on the phone. On a previous version this didn't seem to be working but all looks good now. (I had to refresh the code to make it work)

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Hm..problem is that I don't get a code where it should be. I tried reinstalling the app but still the same, I just get a screen like this but without the code or refresh code button or anything. Windows-10-SMS-sync.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi