I say NO to Android apps on WP

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't. Understand why people here believe in emerging countries people only buy low end phones.no here in India we first test a platform only if it offers value for money.once we are confident we will buy flagship devices.I know many of my friends who buy android flagship I meant samsung galaxies.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't. Understand why people here believe in emerging countries people only buy low end phones.no here in India we first test a platform only if it offers value for money.once we are confident we will buy flagship devices.I know many of my friends who buy android flagship I meant samsung galaxies.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Dude, I'm from one of those markets and I'm talking about the majority, no the *15% who buy flagship

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Because when Android launched, there was only iOS as a competitor - it was available only on AT&T in the US and even the App Store wasn't that great. Verizon used Android as a defense against ATT's iPhones and that was what truly started off Android's growth. Secondly, all the Asian OEMs wanted to get their share of this pie but they really sucked at writing software (though their hardware is good). Android provided them a readymade OS which they could customise to their needs and the Galaxy series was born.

Android and iOS basically settled the Old West, when there was little opposition and nobody stopped them. They have now built fortifications around their territory. WP's battle is more like storming the enemy's castle.

Fair point, I actually don't know much about iOS n Androids' history coz I've always been with Nokia but u make a valid point

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I think Microsoft have to get into countries with actual stores, with actual people, who actually know what they're talking about. Now for me I don't need to speak to a sales representative because I'm on the ball n just walk in n say "I want that one" but the average person isn't that clued on. Just outta curiosity I walked into a Harvey Norman (big chain in Aussie) n pretended to not know a thing about phones and you know what happened?? The guy n girl did everything they could to talk me outta WP! Until I shocked them with my knowledge n then they were straight on the backpedal! Microsoft need physical stores in as many countries as possible asap!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria