I spend the whole year hearing about how great Apple products are

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Something I was thinking about today was that everyone is slamming Microsoft for releasing a "buggy" Windows 10 Mobile on the Lumia 950 and 950XL.

Hey, at least Microsoft is Innovating with something new. Something Apple hasn't done in quite some time. Wait, I take that back. Apple introduced Force Touch. Apple gets praise, even though there is practically zero support for it so far.

Microsoft introduced an Operating System that can run on the full range of devices, HoloLens, Continuum for Phone, Surface Hub, Surface Book, and more is promised for next year. All are revolutionary ideas/devices. Yet all I hear is "Microsoft blows."

I read the Gizmodo article first, since the Verge article was a response to the Gizmodo article.

Gizmodo was spot on. It's hilarious how the Verge tries to defend Apple against the attack, but has to admit a lot of reality in it. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

EstragonHelmer

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree. I think Apple have gotten too laid back because their stuff ALWAYS sells well. They're not innovating much, they just keep bringing out slightly newer versions of current products.

But it's always the way. People don't like change. That's why Win8 wasn't popular. It was a great OS, and I hated it until I used it, then realised I'd fallen for the negative hype.

But I would say, force touch (although it may not have much support yet) is pretty impressive. I remember resistive touchscreens, and how they slowly broke as you used them. It's great to see someone's managed to get pressure sensitivity into a capacitive touchscreen.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Apple's latest software bug that erases everything is getting only a fraction the attention as W10's buggy software.

I am not so sure about that. The "error 53" get a lot of press and they even started a court case against Apple. Furthermore the 01-01-1970 date bug gets a lot off attention. (To me this date bug is off course a bug but the attention it gets is overdone.)

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
True but I guess I was referring to the overall reaction being one of "It's just happening to a select few". WM10 bugs on the other hand leads to "This OS is not ready/halfbaked/DOA kinda sentiment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peng