ICON Roll Call

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well decided to pull the trigged and give WP a try... I'm a diehard Apple guy, but wanted to try something different (and a bigger screen, won't lie ;). Tried Android a few times in the past, always ended up fed up after a couple of months if not less. Hopefully WP will be something new and refreshing. I think seeing that 8.1 was on the horizon (hopefully available soon!) and seeing how well the Icon has been received, made me say "why not give it a shake". I had an upgrade available on my vz account, and Amazon has the Icon for 149, so it was an easy sell. Should arrive tomorrow... can't wait to test it out... I always love "new gadget day" lol

Congrats on the move! Good to see another Apple fan giving WP a shot. Make sure you stay close to the forums if you have any questions about hardware, apps, or the OS. Switching operating systems can be a challenge sometimes.
Cheers!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting one tonight. I went to the Microsoft Store during lunch, but they can't enroll you in Edge. So I swung by a Verizon corporate store on my way back to work, and they didn't have white. A corporate store not far from home has a single white one in stock, and it is sitting on top of their safe with my name on it, for me to pick up tonight. I didn't bother looking at the resellers because a few of the resellers I've been to in the area haven't had anything WP on display, and no screen protectors in stock, so not wasting my time. They say they don't sell any Windows Phones, but how do they expect to if they don't carry any? DUH!

LCW

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I hope the apps will start coming in with 8.1 and hopefully WP will gain some traction as the OS matures...

LCW

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Just got my Icon today!! Stoked! Will definitely take some getting used to. But so far in blown away by the hardware quality of this Nokia! Love the feel of it! 8.1 can't come soon enough lol!

GolfingFox

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Got mine (retail price to keep unlimited data) on 4/17/14

Figured I'd add myself to the list. Read through this thread from page 1 and had no idea how drawn out this phone's release was! If I had been following this phone since day one, I probably would have shot myself in the face! My heart goes out to all who sat, stewing in frustration over when this phone would finally see the light of day!

Proud new owner of a white Icon. Love the premium look/feel of this phone. Coming from 64 GB Black iPhone 4S.

:)

Hector709

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Just got my Icon yesterday. I am a little confused on where things are but I know that I just have to get used to it. I am coming off of an iPhone 5. I like the live tiles, I love the look and feel of phone. The camera is the most amazing camera on a phone possible. Just gotta tweek it a little more and I dont think i will be going back to iPhone.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Got mine (retail price to keep unlimited data) on 4/17/14

Figured I'd add myself to the list. Read through this thread from page 1 and had no idea how drawn out this phone's release was! If I had been following this phone since day one, I probably would have shot myself in the face! My heart goes out to all who sat, stewing in frustration over when this phone would finally see the light of day!

Proud new owner of a white Icon. Love the premium look/feel of this phone. Coming from 64 GB Black iPhone 4S.

:)

It was a long wait... But we were rewarded!

Just got my Icon yesterday. I am a little confused on where things are but I know that I just have to get used to it. I am coming off of an iPhone 5. I like the live tiles, I love the look and feel of phone. The camera is the most amazing camera on a phone possible. Just gotta tweek it a little more and I dont think i will be going back to iPhone.

Welcome onboard! Make sure to stick around and ask any questions you might have. Switching mobile operating systems isn't always a smooth process!

bgl321

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well decided to pull the trigged and give WP a try... I'm a diehard Apple guy, but wanted to try something different (and a bigger screen, won't lie ;). Tried Android a few times in the past, always ended up fed up after a couple of months if not less. Hopefully WP will be something new and refreshing. I think seeing that 8.1 was on the horizon (hopefully available soon!) and seeing how well the Icon has been received, made me say "why not give it a shake". I had an upgrade available on my vz account, and Amazon has the Icon for 149, so it was an easy sell. Should arrive tomorrow... can't wait to test it out... I always love "new gadget day" lol

Thinking about trying WP as well. Searching through and trying to find feedback from former iPhone users. Do you still have the Icon? If so are you happy with it? Miss your iPhone? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

MJ217

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Just ordered my Nokia Lumia Icon in white! I got a good deal with that mothers day sale going on right now. It will be my first smartphone lol. I had a heck of a time between choosing the Icon and the new Samsung Ativ SE. I got to see both in a store. My gut told me to go with Icon. I wish that it had expandable memory and removable battery, but they aren't deal breakers for me. I need a tough phone that can survive me lol.

By the way, if I order a case that says for the nokia 929 will it fit the Icon ( I have no idea if the specs change between the 929 and what Verizon went with)?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered my Nokia Lumia Icon in white! I got a good deal with that mothers day sale going on right now. It will be my first smartphone lol. I had a heck of a time between choosing the Icon and the new Samsung Ativ SE. I got to see both in a store. My gut told me to go with Icon. I wish that it had expandable memory and removable battery, but they aren't deal breakers for me. I need a tough phone that can survive me lol.

By the way, if I order a case that says for the nokia 929 will it fit the Icon ( I have no idea if the specs change between the 929 and what Verizon went with)?

Welcome on board! The 929 and the Icon are the same thing. It was initially thought that the Icon would be named the Nokia Lumia 929. But Verizon/Nokia ended up opting to call it the Nokia Lumia Icon instead. Same specs, same size, same phone. In fact, when you get your phone, if you go to the "about this phone" section, it'll list it as the Nokia Lumia 929 still.

MJ217

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Welcome on board! The 929 and the Icon are the same thing. It was initially thought that the Icon would be named the Nokia Lumia 929. But Verizon/Nokia ended up opting to call it the Nokia Lumia Icon instead. Same specs, same size, same phone. In fact, when you get your phone, if you go to the "about this phone" section, it'll list it as the Nokia Lumia 929 still.
Ok, thanks.

bgl321

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine last night from BB. It will be my first WP. Bought at full retail and will use my 14 days to try it. If I like it... I think I'm going to love it, I will keep it and sell my iphone 5S or return it and buy one a little cheaper from Ebay. Depends on what I get for the 5S. Can't wait to get her :excited:

Bryan Lamb

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Got my icon today. Hard decision between this and the Galaxy Note 3. So far loving it. Deciding if I want to jump right into 8.1 or wait a bit. Thanks you all for all you input on these forums. You gave me the guts to make the leap.... More to come....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs