ICON Roll Call

mrlugo88

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the 928. Love the phone. I also have a Galaxy S3 which I switched back to just to see what I would think of it since moving to WP. Boy what it a big difference. While i do enjoy the bigger screen i just cant stand android anymore. So i switched back to my 928.

I must say the 929 sounds like it has all the things i want hardware wise for my phone. 5in 1080p screen (which is about as big as I would go), quadcore processor, 20mp camera. The camera on my 928 was already better than any other Android camera out, so I can't wait to get an improved camera on the 929. I'm sure it will have at least 32gb of storage. So I'll be getting this as soon as it comes out. I'm a WP man all the way now.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think my 928 is about the max that I could go size wise. As it is it tests the pockets of my work uniform. The 929 seems appealing but the Verizon exclusives are still a downer. No big press, lack of accessories etc.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I got a chance to play with the phone last Friday. The model we got to looked at actually had 64gb storage capacity (not sure if the 64GB option will be available for consumers or not). Also launch date is confirmed. Roughly 3 weeks from now. hold on tight muchachos

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I got a chance to play with the phone last Friday. The model we got to looked at actually had 64gb storage capacity (not sure if the 64GB option will be available for consumers or not). Also launch date is confirmed. Roughly 3 weeks from now. hold on tight muchachos

Does it feel much bigger than the 928?

Digital Chris

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
3 weeks from now?!?!?! Ty so much ! My HTC 8x cracked and I have been hunting the 929 down, I can't wait!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Is it thicker than the 928? The video in the other thread makes it look really thick.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, TC! So sometime mid November, second - third week. So how did it feel, TC?

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree with you more. Maybe if they launch the perfect phone we would never buy another.

Ugh. Just give me a top-flight, fully loaded phone, Verizon. I want a xenon flash. I want FM. I want a micro-SD slot. I want Qi integrated. I want the full 41 mp of love on a processor that can handle it. I want your boring corporate fingerprints off it. Tell Nokia to give you their best as they sign off. *grumble grumble*

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The fact that this subsection was moved out of the Rumored and Upcoming Devices subsection leads me to believe there has been an official announcement. Has there been an official announcement? Or does WPC have a information that there will be an official announcement this week?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The fact that this subsection was moved out of the Rumored and Upcoming Devices subsection leads me to believe there has been an official announcement. Has there been an official announcement? Or does WPC have a information that there will be an official announcement this week?

What section is this in now? It's still in the same place it's always been on Tapatalk.

I haven't seen any announcements regarding the 929, but I've been watching.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What section is this in now? It's still in the same place it's always been on Tapatalk.

It's just in the Nokia Device section along with all of the other Nokia WPs that are currently out or have been announced.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Damn it, I need to run to the store to buy more tin foil now...
Tin_foil_hat_2.png

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait for this. I have a 920 now on Tmobile but my daughters are on Verizon. So as soon as this baby drops I'm on it.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad to see Verizon get an upgraded windows phone, bout time. I'll most likely be getting it. I like the 1020 a lot, but two downsides for me is id have to switch to ATT and the camera bulge would get annoying fast I think.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site

I saw a couple putting it out around the end of November. In time for holiday gifting. Maybe sooner. Anyone else heard anything?
The announcement I saw and can't recall where said it was currently being tested by Verizon. What's the timetable for release usually when a device is in testing process? A couple of weeks or so?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
$500 would be ridiculously awesome! But that sounds quite cheap for what the rumored hardware will be...

Agreed. There has also been some speculation that it will be $600 off contract. Also keep in mind that there have been reports of both 32gb and 64gb. So it might be something like $500 for the 32gb and $600 for the 64gb.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion