Idol 4 S Availability

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
This really s**ks. I have been to five T-Mobile stores in 2 towns and not one of them says they have this phone in stock.

Two stores had a display model and no phones ? Really frustrating for a windows phone fan.

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Real Users] My Alcatel Idol 4S Detailed Review

They probably have them and just don't realize it. Ask them to check 'the safe'. They're probably in there but haven't been taken out yet.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I looked, today, for the Alcatil Idol 4S phone at the two T-Mobile stores at Mall of America in Minneapolis / St. Paul / (suburb: Bloomington), Minnesota USA. The first floor T-Mobile store was clueless and claimed that the phone hadn't been released yet. Then, after I pressed the fact, the salesperson went into the back room for awhile, then returning to say they wouldn't be getting the phone.
I then checked at the third floor T-Mobile store where I was told they didn't have the phone either, but were aware of it. They suggested I try another suburban store five sprawling miles away.

Best Wishes,
Kevin

Last edited:

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

I looked, today, for the Alcatil Idol 4Sphone at the two T-Mobile stores at Mall of America in Minneapolis / St. Paul / (suburb: Bloomington), Minnesota USA. The first floor T-Mobile store was clueless and claimed that the phone hadn't been released yet. Then, after I pressed the fact, the salesperson went into the back room for awhile, then returning to say they wouldn't be getting the phone.
I then checked at the third floor T-Mobile store where I was told they didn't have the phone either, but were aware of it. They suggested I try another suburban store five sprawling miles away.

Best Wishes,
Kevin

This (and trying to talk you out of buying one even if they have it) is exactly why Windows Phone struggled to get a foothold. The carrier stores have actively worked against supporting the phones even when they carry them.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

This is what pisses me off with TMO. The sales people all seem to say the same rehearsed answer. 'No we don't have it in stock' .

The all inclusive generation certainly sings a different tune when your device of choice is not an android or apple device.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

The local TMO corporate store in my location is great. I walked in on Nov.10 (day of release) and asked, "Do you have that new Alcatel Idol 4s with Windows 10 in stock?" ... Wonderful lady responded with, "We sure do, would you like to see one?" ....
I'm thankful the local TMO store doesn't have as many clueless sales people as it seems to have in certain parts of the country. No one tried to talk me out of buying it nor tried to convince me to go Android or iPhone.
I was shown how the VR Headset worked, how to set up fingerprint unlock (I already knew it, but the young lady seemed to be having a good time showing me lol). It was all smiles ... "thanks for coming in" ..."enjoy your new phone" ...

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

The local TMO corporate store in my location is great. I walked in on Nov.10 (day of release) and asked, "Do you have that new Alcatel Idol 4s with Windows 10 in stock?" ... Wonderful lady responded with, "We sure do, would you like to see one?" ....
I'm thankful the local TMO store doesn't have as many clueless sales people as it seems to have in certain parts of the country. No one tried to talk me out of buying it nor tried to convince me to go Android or iPhone.
I was shown how the VR Headset worked, how to set up fingerprint unlock (I already knew it, but the young lady seemed to be having a good time showing me lol). It was all smiles ... "thanks for coming in" ..."enjoy your new phone" ...
How do we know which stores are corporate?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

I would agree that my local t-mobile (corporate store) is great. They had it all setup and displayed prominently. I asked to buy one, he said sure, and immediately went and go it.

I asked how many they'd sold, and if I was the first one. He replied, yep, you're the first one.

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site

I went to a local store (SoCal) before lunch(and work). They were very pleasant and helpful. Bought the phone. I am enjoying it, but looking forward to getting it unlocked to use on AT&T.
It is a lovely phone by most measurements. Feels almost as nice as my S7 Edge. It is a little large. I am used to my 950 - my primary phone. It is very slippery - and with the camera protrusion - has already fallen on the floor twice. Fortunately on carpet. The screen is very nice, though a little over saturated for my tastes; without adjustments which my 950 and S7 edge have. Nevertheless, I love AMOLED screens. Its running well, though I think my 950 runs smoother. Battery life looks good. No regrets. I do think I'll still be using my 950 too.

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

I looked, today, for the Alcatil Idol 4S phone at the two T-Mobile stores at Mall of America in Minneapolis / St. Paul / (suburb: Bloomington), Minnesota USA. The first floor T-Mobile store was clueless and claimed that the phone hadn't been released yet. Then, after I pressed the fact, the salesperson went into the back room for awhile, then returning to say they wouldn't be getting the phone.

Best Wishes,
Kevin

I'm also in the Twin Cities. The TMobile in Woodbury has them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb