IE10 = Best browser ever

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
So, I personally own a 2011 iMac with a quad core i5 and 4GB of ram, OS X Mountain Lion, blah blah blah. ( I use Windows as my mobile os however)
I went to a friend's house, and while I personally use Firefox or Chrome when I use Windows PC's because I have the "IE sucks on desktop" in my head, I tried IE10.
And I was pissed off. Why? Because IE10 was faster, lighter, and used much less memory on a laptop that was years older than my Mac running Safari or Chrome. IE10 is the best browser out there. It's design is clean, modern, it's lightweight, and it's super fast. I think my next mac will be a PC just for IE10. It's amazing.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I use Firefox. It works perfectly and has all the plugins I need. Wouldn't even think of trying out IE just for kicks.

I think that is the main problem of IE right now, everybody has already switched to an alternative and is happy.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I use IE10 rarely, but I prefer Firefox. My reasons for preferring Firefox are: availability of extensions/plugins, cross-platform (I run Linux too, and I like using the same browser in Linux and in Windows).

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I enjoy using ie10 :) I have stuck with IE since ie6 and I have watched it grow and sure peeps still give me a hard time about using IE but I say well its not the same as it was before. and if I had to chose and alternative it would be Firefox just because I prefer the looks over chrome :p

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy using ie10 :) I have stuck with IE since ie6 and I have watched it grow and sure peeps still give me a hard time about using IE but I say well its not the same as it was before. and if I had to chose and alternative it would be Firefox just because I prefer the looks over chrome :p

I prefer Firefox too, in part because of privacy and I trust Mozilla more than Google.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think my browser rankings are.
1. IE10
2. FF
3. Safari
4. The browser - that - must - not - be named

My rankings for Windows are:
  1. FF
  2. Opera 15
  3. IE10
  4. Opera 12.16

My rankings for Linux are:
  1. FF
  2. Opera 12.16

I do not use Chrome at all (or even Chromium).

Obviously, no Safari for me, since it isn't available for Windows 8 or Linux.

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
My rankings for Windows are:
  1. FF
  2. Opera 15
  3. IE10
  4. Opera 12.16

My rankings for Linux are:
  1. FF
  2. Opera 12.16

I do not use Chrome at all (or even Chromium).

Obviously, no Safari for me, since it isn't available for Windows 8 or Linux.

Yep. Opera is ok. Which versions of Linux are your favorite?

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree. Wanted to try out Chrome once, and the first thing after starting was Chrome asking me for my Google Account. The first thing I did after this was uninstalling the thing.

But still, Google has its fingers in Firefox financially: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox#Google

They do, but only for "open" ( Google is an open source fraud, nothing they do is open one bit.. Firefox OS is more open than Android)
Also, they do for search marketshare, so google is the default browser in Firefox. Personally, this doesn't bother me that much. I like Mozilla. I'd actually prefer Firefox OS be the one in Android's current market position over Google's Android Trojan horse.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
They do, but only for "open" ( Google is an open source fraud, nothing they do is open one bit.. Firefox OS is more open than Android)
Also, they do for search marketshare, so google is the default browser in Firefox. Personally, this doesn't bother me that much. I like Mozilla. I'd actually prefer Firefox OS be the one in Android's current market position over Google's Android Trojan horse.
It's easy enough to change the default search engine in Firefox. I use Bing as my default search engine in Firefox (and in Opera too).

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I mainly use Firefox on my Windows PC's, but on my Mac i use Safari.

I would like to see IE10 on the mac, I've used Chrome and Chromium, but for Windows i prefer Firefox.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Personal opinion, but on my PC (Windows 8), FF felt kind of slow on the bloated side compared to IE10. Either FF with or without Adblock Plus (no other plugins), compared to IE10 with a handful of add-ons it just feels... slow. I do still use FF for those sites that don't render properly in IE10, but I still greatly prefer IE. Again, only my opinion.

WP7_Genius

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I use IE 10 but on my W7 it seems to lock up at times. FF works smooth as well as Chrome. I just migrated from Chrome a few weeks ago and love FF again. I wish my IE would act right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)