IE11 and File Explorer on WP8.1 Preview {VIDEO}

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So looks cool... my thing is about tabs. I don't see how to change tabs anymore (and I know they will appear as multiple instance of IE but does that mean if we want to browse multiple sites at once, or doing research or whatever we need to launch multiple copies of IE? I know sometimes if im looking something up and on a site I see a link or reference to another site, and im not done with the main site i'll open it in a new tab but there is no "open new tab" setting as before so I hope that it's still pretty easy to do that. also noticed there was no "favorites" in the 3-dot menu so maybe it just moved? ...

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
So looks cool... my thing is about tabs. I don't see how to change tabs anymore (and I know they will appear as multiple instance of IE but does that mean if we want to browse multiple sites at once, or doing research or whatever we need to launch multiple copies of IE? I know sometimes if im looking something up and on a site I see a link or reference to another site, and im not done with the main site i'll open it in a new tab but there is no "open new tab" setting as before so I hope that it's still pretty easy to do that. also noticed there was no "favorites" in the 3-dot menu so maybe it just moved? ...

At 1:56 in the above video you see him long press a link and the option to open in new tab appears. It's just now you don't have a tabs button/option in the ... menu like before. You simply long press the back button and select your tab from there now when switching.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
At 1:56 in the above video you see him long press a link and the option to open in new tab appears. It's just now you don't have a tabs button/option in the ... menu like before. You simply long press the back button and select your tab from there now when switching.

That's good, but what if I want to launch a new tab manually and put a new URL in? I guess i'll just wait and see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo