If at&t's 1520 doesnt have qi...

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I'll be holding onto my 920. This is very disappointing.

to me, this doesnt really affect me. if wireless charging was that big of a deal i'd get a back plate for pma charging for my lumia 1520 and use that. not having qi wireless charging doesnt take away the fact that this is still a pretty awesome windows phone. the best windows phone to date. i'm not going to let a different wireless charging standard ruin my chance to enjoy this device. especially when i can still get wireless charging for it by just using pma instead. i dont have any kind of loyalty to a wireless charging standard because in my opinion it is not what makes or breaks me getting a certain device. screen tech, battery size, amount of ram, build quality, cpu power and efficiency, microsd card slot and some others are what influence me to get a certain device and are in my opinion much more important.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
to me, this doesnt really affect me. if wireless charging was that big of a deal i'd get a back plate for pma charging for my lumia 1520 and use that. not having qi wireless charging doesnt take away the fact that this is still a pretty awesome windows phone. the best windows phone to date. i'm not going to let a different wireless charging standard ruin my chance to enjoy this device. especially when i can still get wireless charging for it by just using pma instead. i dont have any kind of loyalty to a wireless charging standard because in my opinion it is not what makes or breaks me getting a certain device. screen tech, battery size, amount of ram, build quality, cpu power and efficiency, microsd card slot and some others are what influence me to get a certain device and are in my opinion much more important.

I'm getting there with the lack of Qi. I really do like the device and more than likely I'll end up with it. I'll just sell off my Qi chargers or give them to family members. :wink:

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Ugh Verizon branded phones are ugly and their service is slower, but not supporting any Nokia wireless charging peripherals, (which I bought from AT&T) in future models is more than enough to make me jump ship from AT&T. Getting new phones first means nothing if they never get the phone I actually want. I wish it hadn't come to this, but as things stand, when I next upgrade I'm going to Verizon.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
So I did something, I emailed Mr. Elop. about the issue and he said "I definitely understand...I will share your feedback with AT&T..."

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I actually prefer the AT&T version. I don't care about wireless charging. It's not mature yet and the charge rate is slow. I also don't care about NFC, although their version still has it. 16GB + 32GB microSD (which I already have) is enough for me. What I do value more, however, is a thinner, lighter phone at a lower price. I would've liked a smaller screen and bigger camera sensor with hump, but life is short.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
AT&T also had them disable Dual Transfer Mode(DTM) and the LTE band 4.
Without DTM an voice and data at the same time, without LTE band 4 it won't work with T-Mobile LTE.
With the pressure from AT&T it is going to be difficult for Nokia to keep putting out Qi phones. We have two 920's and three Nokia charging pads. Greatest thing since sliced bread. The charging rate is 25% per hour on the 920

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

This is what I sent to him. The email subject, Disappointed.

I've been a Nokia customer since the lumia 900, then got the 920. So farm it's amazing. You're 1520 is a great device, but it doesn't suit many people. I feel that you guys think that bigger is better, and lower end devices should be smaller (except for the 1320). Not everyone wants a six inch phone. I'm on AT&T, and would really want a 920/925/1020 successor with these new processors, 1080p, etc. 5 inches is the largest I would go. I mean that wasn't the only reason the 1520 bothered me, it was that the AT&T version has PMA (not even built in) vs Qi, and only 16GB. Very disappointing. Please make devices for everyone, that are still high end. A 1520 with a 5 inch screen (still 1080p and quad core s800, etc) would be great. Please make this happen.

Thanks.

Sent from a Nokia/Microsoft ******.

Lxrg

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
**** u at&t scum bags who do u think u are? To give me a not 100% original product i get what i want not what u want me to get so suck it.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520 gets a ?699 UK price tag- The Inquirer
699.00 GBP = 1,125.71 USD
You guys still want the Global 1520?
The RM-937 is the global variant and works on LTE 1 3 7 8 20. This is not LTE for AT&T or T-Mobile.
RM-938 is the US variant and works with LTE 2 4 5 17, AT&T and T-Mobile
RM-940 it the AT&T variant and we know about that. LTE 2 5 17 They disabled 4 so it wouldn't work on T-Mobile
Depends on where you are and what your carrier runs on if you want the 037 or not.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I sent this to elop.

I've been a Nokia customer since the lumia 900, then got the 920. So farm it's amazing. You're 1520 is a great device, but it doesn't suit many people. I feel that you guys think that bigger is better, and lower end devices should be smaller (except for the 1320). Not everyone wants a six inch phone. I'm on AT&T, and would really want a 920/925/1020 successor with these new processors, 1080p, etc. 5 inches is the largest I would go. I mean that wasn't the only reason the 1520 bothered me, it was that the AT&T version has PMA (not even built in) vs Qi, and only 16GB. Very disappointing. Please make devices for everyone, that are still high end. A 1520 with a 5 inch screen (still 1080p and quad core s800, etc) would be great. Please make this happen.

Thanks.

Sent from a Nokia/Microsoft ******.

Got this reply.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Stephen

Sigh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny