If you could choose any device...

BattleHammer

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I jumped from a 950XL into a Galaxy S7 edge and i would love to see a W10M versi?n of it, batery life i great (sadly 950xl wasnt), and design is awesome to say the least. Still HTC One m8 was one of my favourites (except camera wise).

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
my top 4:
Note 5
S7 (regular non edge)
S6 Edge (because of size, but would need better battery life)
Nokia 1520 with faster proc, more ram, 2560x1440 display.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
LG V10, since I really like the design of the device, based upon playing with it at a Verizon store a week ago. It felt good in my hand, and it has an excellent camera.

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Nokia 6680 in black case,i still have mine (from 2007).Working like first day i got it.
PERFECT size and weight....imagine it with 41mp camera :love:

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Sony Xperia.

It would be nice for Ms and Sony to strike a deal where Sony focuses on Android but offers an option for a Windows 10 ROM when you order a new device from them.

The Blackberry Q10. Best. Phone. Ever. I still miss that thing. Give it a better camera, a processor that can run Continuum and some ram and you have the perfect phone for me.

While I loved my Q10, and even BlackBerry in general, I don't know if I could go back to that size phone after using my 640 XL :/ I miss the pocket case lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Vivio vrvly

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Definitely coming Note7 but with higher res camera and screen. There is almost everything: pen, endurance, new great look. I only miss there cortana, great audio recording(in videos) and camera button. Well, others are getting better in audio recording so I think its time microsoft used something new also like binaural mics(in headphones). W10 is here, now just apps and great awesome hw even for higher price, point is to be the best not just satisfying.

ayngling

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I would have a Blackberry Passport running Windows 10

Although I prefer the 4 row keyboard, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

While I loved my Q10, and even BlackBerry in general, I don't know if I could go back to that size phone

Yeah, many people feel that way. On the other hand, Apple's new refresh of the iPhone 5s (now 6 SE) seems to indicate quite a few people like smaller phones.

The BlackBerry Q10 was the perfect phone (form factor) for me, as it was perfect for what I need it for: answering emails and messages on the go + playing Spotify, ordering an Uber and the occasional use of maps. The phone fit perfectly in my hand(s), and I really don't need a bigger screen.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Or, you know, more reasonably priced...

I would argue to say that it is both together. I was expecting for it to be a lot more before Apple announced the price. The size with the specs was great. I was surprised at the price so I ran to get mine. Additionally, I got $150 off for recycling a 5s so I ran! lol

If the price was more, I probably would have waited for some kind of deal.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would argue to say that it is both together.

Very true. Some will settle for the size, just because price + iPhone.

Those who like that size certainly won't say, "Wait. Take MOAR of my money!"

The iPhone SE is the only iPhone to ever tempt me. I've been iPhone curious and had one just to see (about when iOS 5 changed to 6), but even then for a used 3GS I though it was too many $$$.

The SE has some compelling internals and the price point is about right for maybe the first time in iPhone history, IMHO. Typically I look at their product as overpriced. I know scores of millions disagree with me every release, but that's my criteria. I hate to feel like I've just been raked over the coals and someone is laughing at me as they count the money they've just duped me out of.

I paid $485 for my Lumia 1520 BNIB in August 2014. iPhone 5S was current at the time and would have cost me as much or more for lower res screen, less processing power, 1/2 the RAM, less than 1/2 the megapixels, no SD card, no Qi Wireless charging, no NFC, tiny battery...

iPhone 6+ was just about to release... Today on the Apple website it would cost $750 to get a 64GB (to make up for no SD card support) for a new 6 Plus. Same class of screen as the 1520. I don't want to argue about the processor because somehow Apple's chip outperforms the paper spec, but can a dual core 1.4GHz A8 really best a quad core 2.2GHz Krait 400? Still only 1/2 the RAM and less than 1/2 the megapixles of the 1520. Finally gets NFC, but still no Qi wireless charging and a way smaller battery than 1520. Less hardware for $265 more. $265 dollars gets you a great backup phone or a whole bunch of accessories and apps...

I'm willing to bet way more of the success of the iPhone SE is due to price ($400 for 16GB, $500 for 64GB) than the screen size. Finally something for spec counters to look at. The A9 chip is still only dual core, but clocks at 1.84GHz, finally 2GB RAM. Camera breaks the double digit barrier and gives 12MP. Tap to pay, but still no wireless charging built in and that battery... For crying in the mud why can't they ever put a battery in the things? At least for the SE you don't have to sign a carrier contract, or take out a second mortgage.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Very true. Some will settle for the size, just because price + iPhone.

Those who like that size certainly won't say, "Wait. Take MOAR of my money!"

The iPhone SE is the only iPhone to ever tempt me. I've been iPhone curious and had one just to see (about when iOS 5 changed to 6), but even then for a used 3GS I though it was too many $$$.

The SE has some compelling internals and the price point is about right for maybe the first time in iPhone history, IMHO. Typically I look at their product as overpriced. I know scores of millions disagree with me every release, but that's my criteria. I hate to feel like I've just been raked over the coals and someone is laughing at me as they count the money they've just duped me out of.

I paid $485 for my Lumia 1520 BNIB in August 2014. iPhone 5S was current at the time and would have cost me as much or more for lower res screen, less processing power, 1/2 the RAM, less than 1/2 the megapixels, no SD card, no Qi Wireless charging, no NFC, tiny battery...

iPhone 6+ was just about to release... Today on the Apple website it would cost $750 to get a 64GB (to make up for no SD card support) for a new 6 Plus. Same class of screen as the 1520. I don't want to argue about the processor because somehow Apple's chip outperforms the paper spec, but can a dual core 1.4GHz A8 really best a quad core 2.2GHz Krait 400? Still only 1/2 the RAM and less than 1/2 the megapixles of the 1520. Finally gets NFC, but still no Qi wireless charging and a way smaller battery than 1520. Less hardware for $265 more. $265 dollars gets you a great backup phone or a whole bunch of accessories and apps...

I'm willing to bet way more of the success of the iPhone SE is due to price ($400 for 16GB, $500 for 64GB) than the screen size. Finally something for spec counters to look at. The A9 chip is still only dual core, but clocks at 1.84GHz, finally 2GB RAM. Camera breaks the double digit barrier and gives 12MP. Tap to pay, but still no wireless charging built in and that battery... For crying in the mud why can't they ever put a battery in the things? At least for the SE you don't have to sign a carrier contract, or take out a second mortgage.

You have great points here. I can't dispute most of them, I can only agree. IOS has a way of managing the battery well. This more so appears for the SE and the plus models though. I get the same battery life, if not better than my 640 on 8.1 and w10m.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99