Inconsistency in Windows 10

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Omg guys, we can just give feedback when the preview comes out.

Is it even possible :p

I would love to see a forum on WC dedicated to constructed, well thought out criticisms of W10.
I'm sure the Microsoft employees reading internet threads would appreciate it too lol

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The funny part is it's you who actually has no idea what their design language is, you're just saying it's not the same as 5 year old metro and stomping your feet when they're clearly working to an updated language.

Also stop calling out inconsistencies in a WIP technical preview, it's extremely pointless.

I think the strongest aspect in Windows Phone has been the fact that UI language is almost entirely universal throughout the store.

If Metro Language was English, almost every app I have downloaded was speaking to me in a native accent. Some have their own mild accents, however, I never feel like a have to fumble through hamburgers or learn entirely new.

W10 rubs off on me differently. Switching between apps is like looking at English, Spanish, Chinese, etc.

I think anyone who has owned a WP would notice this, regardless of their technical knowledge.

We'll all get to see how much changes in a few weeks..

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Is it even possible :p

I would love to see a forum on WC dedicated to constructed, well thought out criticisms of W10.
I'm sure the Microsoft employees reading internet threads would appreciate it too lol

There is a built in Windows Feedback app packaged within the preview builds. What exactly do you guys think Microsoft means when they say "they're listening"? They're looking at our submissions via the Feedback app.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Of course things are inconsistent. The various teams probably have been told "if you have a good idea, try it." Result: some stuff you like and some you don't. Eventually the project management will decide what to keep and what to scrap, then the consistency will return when they all are working in the same direction.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is a built in Windows Feedback app packaged within the preview builds. What exactly do you guys think Microsoft means when they say "they're listening"? They're looking at our submissions via the Feedback app.

Do tell me what forums are for.

There WILL be more threads like these, which is why this subforum exists in the first place...

If you are not happy with I suggest you convey your concerns to Mobile Nations.

I would like to think that Microsoft keeps tabs on forums like these.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

There WILL be more threads like these, which is why this subforum exists in the first place...

I would hope they don't come here to get information. This forum is negative pretty much all the time.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

The Insider / Feedback app is all a part and the entire purpose of the Windows Insider Program. They gave us the app so we can submit our suggestions there, in one centralized location during the Preview stages. It would be different if this was the final product, but we're not there yet. You have a much better chance of being heard through the app.

sjaak327

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I would hope they don't come here to get information. This forum is negative pretty much all the time.

Hmm, so criticism isn't allowed ? What good would this colloboration do if all we do is give praise. There is a reason for this preview (according to Microsoft) so it is good to voice opinions about it.

If not, why release a preview in the first place, you might as well give us the final product without a preview.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, so criticism isn't allowed ? What good would this colloboration do if all we do is give praise. There is a reason for this preview (according to Microsoft) so it is good to voice opinions about it.

If not, why release a preview in the first place, you might as well give us the final product without a preview.

Opinions are one thing. But the crying on these forums are undeniable.

Ohhh the crying. smdh

sjaak327

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Opinions are one thing. But the crying on these forums are undeniable.

Ohhh the crying. smdh

hmm, like the crying for the return of the start menu that has plagued the internet for about three years ?

OP is simply expressing his opinion on a build that he has run on his computer, to me a perfectly legitimate and logical thing to do.

In any case, if it bothers you so much, you have Always the option to ignore this thread. Hardly rocket science.

Can someone explain to me why this forum exist, and what exactly is deemed acceptable behaviour, it seems to me that any slight criticism towards Windows 10 is deemed crying and inappropriate. Might as well simply remove this forum.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Insider / Feedback app is all a part and the entire purpose of the Windows Insider Program. They gave us the app so we can submit our suggestions there, in one centralized location during the Preview stages. It would be different if this was the final product, but we're not there yet. You have a much better chance of being heard through the app.

True, shouldn't hurt to improve build on them with the community either.

Emphasizing *Shouldn't* :p
___

Haven't seen any cohesive thread yet, but maybe Rubino will come up with a clever article similar to the VLC one.

IMHO there needs to be another sticky in the subforum that makes the topic less ambiguous.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

​Once you get into how the settings menu is slightly off in terms of text, or make the thirtieth topic about how you don't like the hamburger menu, you're moving into whining territory.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I know this is a preview. Jesus. Us whiners are just making sure that Microsoft realizes that we find consistency important. Some extra whine will only bring more goodness.

And why do calculator keys have to be designed the same as the keyboard keys? Because in wp8 it is and it is freaking beautiful when things are consistent. If you lose this philosophy you might as well make every single app completely different. Keys are keys. Once you identify a UI object as a key it should be designed as a key, thus the same as all keys.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

I can't seem to find a place where I can specifically report a problem, not a suggestion like in the Feedback app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb