Interested in this phone, but why isnt anyone talking about it?

Manuelitoohno

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I just came from a Samsung Captivate, returned it, I had many Samsung devices before. and they're all a pain. the blackjack 2, the screen collected dust under the screen, GPS didnt work, then the captivate, the GPS didnt work whats so ever. I read in reviews that the focus gps has the same problems. so im not ever looking to get a samsung device. the surround seems like a good phone, but the quantum looks like it has superb build quality, but no one has made a video review or a full featured article...

can anyone tell me how good the GPS and the camera quality is? someone that has this phone should make a video review! wheres the love?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
We'll have a full review coming up on or after Thanksgiving.

honestly, it's a nice phone. it's not plastic, but metal with a rubberized coating. it's solid in the hand and has an amazing keyboard.

thing is, it's got a 3.5" screen, which while not bad, looks unimpressive next to the Focus. it's basically sort of unexciting--nothing really killer about it except the keyboard.

still, i wouldn't mind having one.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I just got mine in the mail. I'm quite frankly too tired to bother calling AT&T to set it up right now, but on look and feel alone it's amazing. It FEELS like a $200 phone - heavy (which I like), durable, well made, and visually appealing.

I haven't seen a Focus up close, but I have a Samsung Jack right now (BTW, I TOTALLY agree with you on the BlackJack2) so the screen looks huge to me.

I'll post more over the next few days, once I have the energy to activate it and get it going...must sleep...

wolfman-fu

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I recently bought one off of ebay, got it for $52 plus shipping, the problem with mine is the power buttons does not work to turn it on. The phone works just fine other than that, and is a nice solid phone. I just got the phone in last night and I am applying the official NoDo update now.

The only thing that can be a bother is there is very limited support for landscape mode and at times you have to use the slide out keyboard for me this is just slightly annoying.

I got this phone so I could have something to play with and as a backup, so the screen size and the limited landscape mode does not really bother me.

wolfman-fu

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Well after getting to work and having some time to play with my phone I have noticed that the lack of landscape mode is not really a limitation of the OS itself but the app themselves.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Wolfman,
Welcome to WPCentral!
Although there has been little activity in the Quantum's section (I like to think it's because it's the model with the least hardware and firmware issues), there are plenty of good discussions in the "General OS" and "Apps" sections.

Although WP7 has it's weaknesses, I have found the Quantum to be a great device which has exceeded my expectations so far, and feel will only get better as the OS matures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss