Interesting disussion with Iphone 5 user...ICON admiration

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So I bought the ICON on Friday. Was in a meeting with a client, at the end we were entering appointment,conctact info into our phones, I yanked out the White ICON, and he whipped out a white IPhone 5s. He was like, what kind of phone is that? I told him it was the ICON on Verizon. He was like, can I see it. Handed it to him...He looked at the screen, remarked how nice size it was, then remarked about how bright the screen was. finally he said, "well at leas the iPhone takes better pictures. IPhone takes the best, right?" I remarked that the IPhone only has a 8MP camera, and the ICON has a 20MP camera. He scowled and said he was tired on the damn iPhone, and when his contract was up, he as getting an ICON, as he was Verizon too. How cool.

gvp 1995

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So I bought the ICON on Friday. Was in a meeting with a client, at the end we were entering appointment,conctact info into our phones, I yanked out the White ICON, and he whipped out a white IPhone 5s. He was like, what kind of phone is that? I told him it was the ICON on Verizon. He was like, can I see it. Handed it to him...He looked at the screen, remarked how nice size it was, then remarked about how bright the screen was. finally he said, "well at leas the iPhone takes better pictures. IPhone takes the best, right?" I remarked that the IPhone only has a 8MP camera, and the ICON has a 20MP camera. He scowled and said he was tired on the damn iPhone, and when his contract was up, he as getting an ICON, as he was Verizon too. How cool.

This is funny. Good for your client that you did not have 1020 :)

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
A friend of mine has a 5s and when she picked up my phone she remarked at how sturdy and hefty it felt. She was impressed by the looks as well.

chuckmcm

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been an iPhone user for several years, my Verizon contract is up and I'm ready to make the switch to the Icon. I've been doing my homework and lurking on the forums for 2 weeks now. Ready to make the move :amaze:

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been an iPhone user for several years, my Verizon contract is up and I'm ready to make the switch to the Icon. I've been doing my homework and lurking on the forums for 2 weeks now. Ready to make the move :amaze:
Just don't give up on it if you get a lemon. A lot of first runs have problems. Maybe this one is an exception though!

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
i wish there was an Icon-like device in germany...MAYBE with 4,5" screen because i dont like these big monsters... *dreaming*

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Just switched from an iPhone 5 to the Lumia Icon...very happy with the switch although both platforms as expected has their advantages and disadvantages. The Icon's screen is off the charts impressive compared to what I had, and I must admit being my first Nokia phone, the hardware is quite impressive...nothing cheap looking about it. I'm not thrilled about the Icon's power button location but that's it so far..

canonuevo

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Just switched from an iPhone 5 to the Lumia Icon...very happy with the switch although both platforms as expected has their advantages and disadvantages. The Icon's screen is off the charts impressive compared to what I had, and I must admit being my first Nokia phone, the hardware is quite impressive...nothing cheap looking about it. I'm not thrilled about the Icon's power button location but that's it so far..

Hopefully you'll learn to love it. I made the switch from the 4s to the 1020 when it first came out and never looked back since. I agree with you that the hardware on the Nokia devices are stellar. Isn't the power button on the iPhone on the top making it further than the power button on the icon?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo