Internet Sharing Causes Wifi Problems? Plz comment.

rockstar1971

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC HD7 and I have the same exact problem. It started happening after I ran the update that included internet sharing. WiFi works for a few minutes, then stops all together. It doesn't switch to 3G for me, my connectivity is just gone. I have to shut off WiFi to use the net again (3G).

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, I knew the day would come. I have the Tethering hack enabled on my Samsung Focus, but I had not used it because of the wifi issues that occured after I used it last time (and I had to do a hard reset on the phone to make them go away). However, I was traveling and had to use my tethering, and I did, and sure enough now my wifi occasionally doesn't work even though it is connected.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this that doesn't require a hard Reset?

Thanks!

mo79uk

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem on the HTC Titan (I've heard one Titan II owner complain too). I've used IS and I need to turn off data if I don't want it to interfere with my WiFi. I hope the fix comes sooner than later. I also want ADC editing so I can send and receive MMSs with my mobile virtual network operator.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I knew the day would come. I have the Tethering hack enabled on my Samsung Focus, but I had not used it because of the wifi issues that occured after I used it last time (and I had to do a hard reset on the phone to make them go away). However, I was traveling and had to use my tethering, and I did, and sure enough now my wifi occasionally doesn't work even though it is connected.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this that doesn't require a hard Reset?

Thanks!

There is no solution. Hard Reset or deal with it.

Issue has been there since Mango launched and never fixed. I heard Tango was gonna fix it. Both HTC and T-Mobile said Microsoft is aware of the issue and are trying to fix it.

If you aren't constantly tethering, then just factory reset your phone and move on, IMO, though I know that's a huge pain and I can understand why some people don't want to do it (for example, I still haven't, cause redownloading and resigning into everything is a huge PITA and it causes Zune to create duplicate folders on your PC in your pictures Library).

cdodgela

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Titan II since May '12 right about when ATT cranked up LTE in the New Orleans area. Everything was working great until I switched to the shared data plan which happens to include internet sharing. Wifi will not work if cell data is on and internet data sputters if it works at all if Wifi is connected. I've tried it with multiple AP's. If Wifi is connected I have to turn off my cell data. When I leave Wifi, I have to remember to turn cell data back on. If I get a group SMS, I have to turn cell data back on and "get media content" then turn it back off... Royal PITA... When something like this happens, it is a huge disappointment. I've had a WP since version 5.... While I am at it, another small complaint. If I am on LTE, getting a GPS fix is almost impossible while if I am on "4G" it works fine.. Other than these two problems, I love everything about my Titan II!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria