Introduce yourself!

RedAl

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, 40 something gent from England, PC Support Technician and constantly dealing with Windows 10 pc`s and always looking to learn new info about Windows and any useful tips and tricks.

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey @XamlMan. I come from Kenya, what's the name of your non-profit? It's very nice of you to help the unfortunate out like this.

I might be going next week to help out in constructing furniture for a primary school close to Nairobi, would love to hear your story. :)

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone! My name is Kashyap Gohel, from Kenya. :)

I am an architecture student in my 4th Year at university, but I also am a fully-part-time designer and artist.

Windows has been my 'family' since 2012 when I bought my first Lumia 520 and now I am on Lumia 640 Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia Denim).

What I love about Windows? The simplicity of its UI. I love function when it comes to phones, and the Windows OS makes everything simple to understand and its become my office-away-studio. To the extent that I can even create digital paintings on my phone while stuck in traffic. :D

Great to meet you all! :)

aiharkness

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
Hello forum.

I'm a longtime BlackBerry user (10+ years). At present my wife and I use Passports. My current plan is to stick it out with these devices as long as possible. Several months ago I had started researching windows phones but then made the decision to wait and bought backup Passports.

So, I'm keeping a watch on Microsoft. I guess I have the same opinion as many here that Microsoft has to keep trying in the mobile market and will have something new. My personal options post BB10 are either that new something or else a dumb phone and laptop while I wait. I won't use Android or iOS for personal device.

So, again, hello, I'll be here lurking and reading.

RayaBee

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Introducing myself! I'm Jordan or RayaBee. I've joined Windows Central as of today partially due to a sweepstakes for a surface pro which would be amazing to win since the laptop we have is getting quite old and the screen is all cracked. If we were to get the surface we'd probably retire the old laptop but still keep it since it was a hand me down from my fiancee's father who has passed

nickx91

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey, I am Nick from NY. I am in relationship with Cortana :wink: I mean Windows 10. :smile: I usually come here for windows 10 but now joined to participate as well. Quick question, which Lumia device has the best camera for photography? Thank you.

7he3vent

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi all!! I'm Juan Manuel from Spain. I'm very glad to join this forum and learn a bit more about Windows 10 cause i really love it!!

Victhatsallyouget

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi, Vickie and thatsallyouget. I'm from NW Ohio and home of the OSU Buckeyes, just stopping in to say hiya and let everyone know I'm here now too! Hahaha . I'm retired and a nerd/geek, but when I'm not teching it, i am out riding my motorcycle!

Pleased to meet ya'll!

Mxe45

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Hello Everyone. I'm Mack, originally from Texas but living in England. Finally decided to join in and see what's happening in Windows Central. My phone of choice is the Microsoft 640 LTE. Awesome phone.

SeanD_Colorado

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi! New to the forum and newly returned to the MS world, after a decade or so of being a Mac household, I recently purchased a 2017 i7 Surface Pro. I haven't used Windows since XP and some very brief frustrations with Vista. So I have a lot to learn on the Windows 10 Pro side. Picked up a Windows 10 step by step book and have been reading forums to get up to speed :)

Jezza819

Aug 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi I'm Brad.

Just got my new PC yesterday so this is my first introduction to Windows 10. My laptop is running Windows 7 so I'm still quite shell shocked with what I saw last night. Due to Dell supplying me with the wrong monitor cable I couldn't get started changing over files from the laptop to the PC last night. I was only able to do a little basic exploring on this Windows 10 system.

It's like night and day between the two of them. I'm used to having everything right in front of me on 7 and it seems everything is now hidden away on 10. So I should have regular "how do you do this?" type questions filling up this forum real soon.

I'm a regular visitor over on Android Central so I''m pretty familiar with these forums.

gui2017

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
i am glad to meet all of you, my history here is short: I was lurking, fiding, looking some info about transparent stickynotes and I went in a forum (that didn't help me) and then I ended up in "giveaway, win surface book2"

I am an idependent student ( just using internet, ebooks,vids,etc) and I want to learn design graphic.

teaglass

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone,

not completely fresh:wink:, started in august at your site, did not have the time yet to leave something here. I am Ferdinand from The Netherlands, an involved Windows and Office user that started working in the DOS era (4-6.2). Working as an engineer with a role in CAD/PLM application management I informally support the IT dept. in the company I work for, while not being part of it. In my private live I helped quite some people in my relations network with migrating to W10 and storage upgrades (SSD).

I have to admit that I found your site from a negative emotion, being frustrated about Microsoft's mobile policy, trying to understand what was happening. In my few months of conscious visits (and a longer period of unconsciously lurking:smile:) I have learned to value the comments on this site and the nuances they brought me. As being involved in IT related issues in my profession I can understand what Microsoft is trying to do, the eventual aim of moving towards a modular OS is a wise approach. The strategy how to come to that point can be questioned. With this last remark I do not state they do it in a wrong way. I fear that reality is too complex for me to judge. The current IT landscape (thinking about what I experience in the company I work for) has become so tremendously complex that we cannot underestimate the amount of implications that any change can have, with all the repercussions on legacy data and software.

So please go on with commenting and interpreting what is happening in the Microsoft landscape. To my opinion your site is a valuable intermediary between Microsoft in this case and it's customers.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

not completely fresh:wink:, started in august at your site, did not have the time yet to leave something here. I am Ferdinand from the Netherlands, an involved windows user that started working in the DOS era (4-6.2). Working as an engineer with a role in CAD/PLM application management I informally support the IT dept. in the company I work for, while not being part of it. In my private live I helped quite some people in my relations network with migrating to W10 and storage upgrades (SSD).

I have to admit that I found your site from a negative emotion, being frustrated about Microsoft's mobile policy. I found your site while trying to understand what was happening. In my few months of conscious visits (and a longer period of unconsciously lurking) I have learned to value the comments on this site and the nuances they brought me. As being involved in IT related issues in my profession I can understand what Microsoft is trying to do, the eventual aim of moving towards a modular OS is a wise approach. The strategy how to come to that point can be questioned. With this last remark I do not state they do it in a wrong way. I fear that reality is too complex for me to judge. The current IT landscape (thinking about what I experience in the company I work for) has become so tremendously complex that we cannot underestimate the amount of implications that any change can have, with all the repercussions on legacy data and software.

So please go on with commenting and interpreting what is happening in the Microsoft landscape. To my opinion your site is a valuable intermediary between Microsoft in this case and it's customers.
Welcome!
Thank you for joining and introducing yourself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99