iOS Health App and MS Health - Will They Communicate, devbent?

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Great to see official MS person participating - thank you.

So here is the issue. I, like many, use different hw to measure and collect data that gets reported individually into their own app (e.g., Band -> MS Health). Unfortunately, there is no single "space" that connects and gathers all data other than iOS Health App (for iOS).

My particular case, I use Band 2 for all of its intended use, iHealth smart scale, and blood pressure monitor, myfitnesspal to track calories. Currently, I have to manually enter both non-active and active calories, along with workout duration into iOS Health app from MS Health, since both iHealth data and myfitnesspal data are automatically merged into iOS Health app.

Its a pain but that's the only place to get a simple look of all the data at once. If MS Health app communicated and shared data - both directions, not just report into myfitnesspal - then it may be fine too.

I realize you guys don't want to help Apple's cause in terms of data analytics for health but from the consumers perspective, there is a hole in your system by not providing a whole picture for the users.

So, would you either share data with iOS Health app or add other data suppliers into MS Health so that a whole picture can be viewed easier. I almost bought Apple Watch instead of Band 2 (had Band 1 also), just because of this issue but could not bring myself to buy a chunky ugly watch....

Thanks for your response in advance....

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi mkg3,

Unfortunately I have to give you the standard response that I cannot comment on future product development plans. Since I am here as a developer representative from the Microsoft Band UI team, I am also (incredibly) unqualified to answer your question.

Apologizes for the non-answer, they are never ones I like to give.

(And in this case I honestly do not know anything about our future data import/export plans)

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I'd like to see MS Health take in more information. There was speculation that the Band was just a way to feed information into MS's real product - MS Health. However, nothing else in the way of compatible devices have appeared. I was expecting to at least see a weight scale.

While researching scales that work with MS HealthVault, I found out that Withings apparently has dropped support for HealthVault.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb