iOS vs Android for Windows phone users

sumanthsuresh

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
It's been a while Windows phone is gone, most of the people have embraced either iOS or Android . Can we share the pros and cons. Also any body using more of Microsoft apps and services
Let's talk

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
iOS is more like Windows phone in how it is uniform, secure, and locked down (compared to Android).

Android is very open, very customizable, and you can make it look and act a lot like Windows phone, if that is your thing. There is almost nothing you cannot do with Android.

In the past, iOS has prided itself (and rightfully so) on how it "just works", but Android in the last couple years has become very similar. If you don't try to hack too much, Android "just works" as well. Put an iPhone and an Android phone side-by-side, out of the box, with minimal customization, and they are a remarkably similar experience.

chawla12387

Apr 3, 2019
Visit site
Microsoft is difficult to understand for most of the user mainly for noob or non-tech user and on the other hand, Android is a cup of everyone tea.

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Just made the jump into IOS. Ugh.

The one thing that drives me nuts the most is the absence of the back space on the keyboard. That and no keyboard swipe. I see that I have to use an app for that, which is pathetic.

The strength of WMP was likely due to its weakness in the apps deficit, which meant that MS had to really work hard to incorporate features that Apple leaves to others to develop.

I tried an Android for a few months, hated it. I'l keep this iPhone 8, I suppose, but I am so gong to miss WMP.

I was hoping to use Your Phone integration, but that only works on Android. I do hope MS is adding that to IOS soon. Could be a reason to move, as even my WMP allowed me to at least respond to SMS on desktop.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
In 2019, the mobile OS landscape Android/iOS looks pretty much the same. I’ve dual carried two devices for 13 years and I carry Android/iOS combination. Each has pros and cons but for me, it doesn’t really matter.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I still think it's funny that iOS, at least the iPhone X I use occasionally at work, has to be turned off by an option in the Settings menu because holding down what used to be the power button (or what you would expect to be the power button) doesn't actually turn it off,

Of course I am most likely just doing it wrong really! I am a Windows Phone/Android user.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I still think it's funny that iOS, at least the iPhone X I use occasionally at work, has to be turned off by an option in the Settings menu because holding down what used to be the power button (or what you would expect to be the power button) doesn't actually turn it off,

Of course I am most likely just doing it wrong really! I am a Windows Phone/Android user.

Yes, you are doing it wrong.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I really don't like android. I'm finding it to remind me of the windows 95 days of PC computing, where there's lots of settings, lots of ways of doing things, and very often unintuitive on how to get there.

In general, android is incredibly modular, meaning nothing tends to work consistently.

As someone who has been avid anti-apple, i'm seriously considering giving an iphone a go. The biggest problem I have with android is no phone is supported like an iphone. My nokia 8 is nearing its end of support, as it's usually 2 years after launch, meanwhile, it still has plenty of bugs, and no real major improvements. Maybe samsung is a little different (I was burnt with a samsung phone before though) but in general, no one gives high praise for any company to support their phones properly.

Darren J Hynes

Jun 22, 2019
Visit site
I really don't like android. I'm finding it to remind me of the windows 95 days of PC computing, where there's lots of settings, lots of ways of doing things, and very often unintuitive on how to get there.

In general, android is incredibly modular, meaning nothing tends to work consistently.

As someone who has been avid anti-apple, i'm seriously considering giving an iphone a go. The biggest problem I have with android is no phone is supported like an iphone. My nokia 8 is nearing its end of support, as it's usually 2 years after launch, meanwhile, it still has plenty of bugs, and no real major improvements. Maybe samsung is a little different (I was burnt with a samsung phone before though) but in general, no one gives high praise for any company to support their phones properly.

I tried Android for a year or two as well and had the same experience. I was always in settings trying to modify it to the way I liked it but never quite happy with the experience. iOS is boringly simple and I use my phone a lot less now I’m back using an iPhone.

nt40lanman

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
I'm still chugging along on a Lumia 950. FB just left but it's OK. It still does what I want and how I want it. I don't need much.

Can anyone tell me if Android or Apple can handle 2 e-mail accounts with separate contacts and let you manage them the way WP does?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)