iPhone 4S Siri vs Mango's Tell Me

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I live with somebody who has an iPhone 4s. And Siri is definitely more advanced but in some cases I think it's annoying.

With WP when you say "Text Bob" then wait a second, then you can say your text like "Meet me for dinner at 10pm.".

With siri its like this... "Text Bob."... "Sending a text to Bob. What do you want it to say?"... "Meet me for dinner at 10pm."... "Ok, I am updating your text message... Is this correct?" Then you hit send and... "I am sending your text message."

It does a lot of stuff like that and I think that's great for old people who need voice activated programs to tell them what they are doing. But for somebody like me to just say what I want it to do and have the phone do it, I don't need voice confirmation for it.
You can actually just say "Text Bob ... I will be home late" and then it confirms. You then say Yes or Send. So both can do it in two steps.

Where Siri is more advanced than sending text to Bob is how it knows to hold a convo with Bob. I watched the keynote and was really amazed because when they demonstrated, they didn't even mention a name, but Siri knew who to send it to.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
You can actually just say "Text Bob ... I will be home late" and then it confirms. You then say Yes or Send. So both can do it in two steps.

Where Siri is more advanced than sending text to Bob is how it knows to hold a convo with Bob. I watched the keynote and was really amazed because when they demonstrated, they didn't even mention a name, but Siri knew who to send it to.

Ha! I will have to tell my roomate that then.

I do like the read-back feature when you can say stuff like "Read back that last text." and it does it. You can also screw around with Siri and ask her if she has boobs. Seriously, do it.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Ha! I will have to tell my roomate that then.

I do like the read-back feature when you can say stuff like "Read back that last text." and it does it. You can also screw around with Siri and ask her if she has boobs. Seriously, do it.
My co-workers have asked worse. Lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs