Is anyone else unable to use search on outlook.com after migrating from Gmail?

jacobdrj

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I decided to migrate from Gmail to outlook.com for many reasons. After having done so, I find I cant use the outlook.com search on their web page nor in the Windows Phone mail client. I discussed this with Microsoft support. They indicate this is a known issue and that I should use a local mail client. This isn't really an option on my tablets or Windows Phones.

Anyone else have this issue?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've recently shifted everything away from Google.

I'm not experiencing this issue and just effectively searched on Browser at Outlook.com and on my 1520.

Are you still linked to the Gmail? Is that what you are trying to search?

jacobdrj

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
RumoredNow
I am not linked to gmail in any way. Gmail forwards mail to my outlook.com email address. All searches I am referring to are on outlook.com and using the default mail client on my Windows Phone that is tied to my outlook.com mail address.

When you did you migration, how much data did you have? I had 7 gb of mail that got transfered.

Ven07
Sorry, this does not help. I'm not having issues with Microsoft Outlook client. I am having problems with Outlook.com.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't transfer anything. I just bailed out.

They can keep their data stash or whatever.

I'm going to guess that it will only search from the point that you forwarded and on.

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Outlook.com overall works except that I can't download attachments when reading email from a synched Pop3 account. I've read this is due to lack of full Pop3 support in outlook.com which I hope will be resolved. I have to use my email provider's own webmail site to get attachments.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

jacobdrj

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
So after months and months, Microsoft finally reengaged me on this issue. The reindexed my mailbox again, and I can now use search... Now if only they would fix universal app purchases to work on all devices...

jacobdrj

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
The search doesn't return with no results found. The search ends with an error that outlook isn't available right now:
outlookerror.PNG
Furthermore, short of refreshing the page, I can't even access regular functions of outlook.com once this error occurs...
And of course, it is doing it again (hence me being able to generate the error on demand).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise