Is it safe to buy phone from amazon or flipkart or any other website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adil.mayank

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning to buy a lumia 1520 but im a little bit confused if is it safe to buy a phone online. First it costs me less second it is very easy and conventional for me to buy online rather than seeking different stores. Thnx for reading, reply will be more appreciated :)

Aviad Kohn

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I bought 5 phones in the last 3 years from a couple of websites: Lumia 520 920 and two 1520 and a Motorola Droid razr HD. From eBay amazon aliexpress and handtec.

UchilHasmit

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought all my phones from flipkart.. Not once has it let me down... It's as safe as it gets.. Choose the cash on delivery option if you're still skeptical..

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I buy everything electronic online. I've assembled my own damn PC via items ordered from Flipkart. And its working fine. Been over 3 years.

Bought multifunction printer from Infibeam.

Bought phones from Flipkart & Snapdeal.

Bought games from Flipkart, Snapdeal and Amazon.

Bought so many more stuff I cant even count.

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Do NOT buy from flipkart. Read the review of the seller W S Retail. People r getting used, faulty phones. The replacement policy is good as crap. I always prefer to buy from a shop. Shops have 24 hour return policy wherein if there is any manufacturing or hardware defect which is noticed in 1st 24 hours, u get a replacement -new one under DOA policy (dead on arrival). Try that with flipkart.
I'm planning to buy a lumia 1520 but im a little bit confused if is it safe to buy a phone online. First it costs me less second it is very easy and conventional for me to buy online rather than seeking different stores. Thnx for reading, reply will be more appreciated :)

Tomas Kavanagh

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Something to consider when buying from a website; I bought my 1520 from a UK website but phone is actually a Hong Kong one. Warranty is therefore not European and updates e.g. Cyan are linked to country of manufacture not country of sale.

Didn't have this issue with previous phones like my Galaxy Note, but it is an issue with the Nokia Lumia's.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
In the US, at least, Nokia will honor a 1 year warranty based on the date of manufacture on the phone. They do not care if you bought it at AT&T, Amazon, or off Ebay. I've used their warranty service twice with phones bought off Ebay - as long as the IMEI shows it's still in the 1 year warranty, they'll honor it.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
In the US, at least, Nokia will honor a 1 year warranty based on the date of manufacture on the phone. They do not care if you bought it at AT&T, Amazon, or off Ebay. I've used their warranty service twice with phones bought off Ebay - as long as the IMEI shows it's still in the 1 year warranty, they'll honor it.
I think it still has to be a phone made for sale in the US market. There have been several posts from people who bought a 1520.3 and Nokia US said they won't repair it because it was not for this market. And that makes sense in that its not just one Nokia (MS now) but they are separate companies in each market. The money to pay for warranty work comes from the products sold in that market. US Nokia didn't get any money from the sale of a foreign Nokia phone, so can't be expected to pay to fix one.

You can't trust the Nokia web page that tells you if your phone is covered in the US. It has a bug and will tell you your phone is covered. But if you send it inm, they kick it back. Search in these forums and you will see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gorly3