Is the Lumia 730 and 830 it?

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm wanting to upgrade from my Lumia 925 on T mobile. I'm wanting. New variant of the 1520. But its looking like the successor to the 1520 seems to be unlikely right now. Haven't heard any new news about the so called 1525. I thought about getting the HTC M8 but I made my mind long time ago to not get another HTC device back in my windows mobile days. Plus after reading some of the reviews on the android version. I'm really second guessing myself.

But honestly i could wait out a little longer for something else rather than the 730 and the 830. But the anticipation of new lumias has got me wanting to upgrade.

Any new news on the 1525 or succesor to the 1520? O yea I'm on T mobile also and don't plan on switching carriers anytime soon.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No news regarding any 152x for T-Mo.
we don't know 100% how the 730 and 830 will turn out just yet, it could be a slight upgrade, to a sidegrade. I'd want to wait to see for those. But we do have some solid rumors.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Nokia is blowing their chance to successfully launch a new high end device this year. The Note 4 & iPhone 6 are all anyone is talking about right now. If Nokia has something they better speak up sooner rather than later.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nokia is blowing their chance to successfully launch a new high end device this year. The Note 4 & iPhone 6 are all anyone is talking about right now. If Nokia has something they better speak up sooner rather than later.

The high end devices were first with the Icon/930 and 1520 which came at the tail end of the last gen and beginning of the new one. People seem to automatically assume they aren't high end when they are. The Icon can stand up to the S5, the 1520 is still capable of blowing some things away.

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I feel like they are doing a lot right now with the Threshold and unifying everything. Maybe they are just waiting for the September 30th announcement to show the next big update for Windows 8 and Windows Phone, that they are holding off on the flagships until then? That is my guess, wasn't the 1520 announced mid to late October last year? We still have time!

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The mere fact that it was rumoured as "1525" makes the rumour reek of falsehood. It's like the rumour of the 1820 when Windows Phone 8.1 was out and devices therefore should have the X30 designation. There is no current reliable rumour of any Lumia flagship devices coming out this year.

As far as we know, Microsoft is focusing their flagship engineering efforts toward the release of Threshold during Q1-Q2 2015. I imagine if Windows Phone keeps losing momentum like it have, Microsoft may be forced to turn their gears to maximum to push out new hardware before this time.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Funny thing is Microsoft is likely to gain momentum again with the 730 & 830 as high end WP devices don't sell as well. So they may actually be making the right move releasing mid-range handsets which is an area not well represented for WP.

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
The high end devices were first with the Icon/930 and 1520 which came at the tail end of the last gen and beginning of the new one. People seem to automatically assume they aren't high end when they are. The Icon can stand up to the S5, the 1520 is still capable of blowing some things away.
Yes but not offered on T-MOBILE is the problem

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
The 1520.3 will work on T-Mobile.

I'm stuck in the same boat as you. I'm on a 635 right now to hold me over and it's ok, but I'd really like something with a better camera. I'm just not sure I want to lug around something as big as the 1520.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
The high end WP devices don't sell as well because of stupid carrier exclusives! The 1520 is exclusive to AT&T, the Icon is on Verizon, and the 930 is not available on any US carrier. Maybe if the 830 and whatever flagships that follow it are made available to all carriers then they might sell. The debate is whether carriers want them. :unhappy:

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
...but if it happens to stop working: no warranty, no support.

If you buy a product you always have support and warranties from the place you bought it (and from the OEM). Since you in the US usually buy phones from network providers, they are therefore tasked with warranties. If you bought the device from some other place, that place has the same responsibilities.
Unless you have strong consumer protection laws in the US (hah!), look up which retailer offer the best warranties for you and/or are rated the highest among consumers.

T-Mobile would therefore offer support for any problems related to their network, Microsoft would offer support related to the device and the retailer would handle the warranties.

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just going by what U.S. 1520.3 owners have told happens if they try to get help from Nokia: nothing, since the gadget has been "smuggled" from South America.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Just going by what U.S. 1520.3 owners have told happens if they try to get help from Nokia: nothing, since the gadget has been "smuggled" from South America.

Ah, so the 1520.3 isn't even available for purchase in the US. That explains it. Naturally, South American retailers are not bound by US consumer laws.

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Kind of in the same boat, have a 925 and wanting to upgrade to something with better optics. I was at a gig last night and could have really done with the zoom after capabilities of the 1020. But I feel the 1020 is a bit old now and due an upgrade and also I'd like something a bit lighter which is why I never got the 1020 in the first place.

I think MS are right to focus on the mid and low range devices, that's where most sales are and they have some great offerings there, but for me I want something a bit more high end. I'd rather a 1030 than a 1530, I don't want anything much over 5". I'd love to know when their next high end phones are coming cos right now there's just nothing on the market that quite hits the spot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss