Is the Nokia 730/735 the same phone as the Microsoft Lumia 735?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I purchased the Microsoft 735 from Verizon, and within two weeks, dropped it and broke the display. I have insurance and received another phone, but due to an error (Verizon forgot to add the insurance at purchase), I got a brand new phone and got to keep the damaged phone. I'm considering fixing the damaged phone and keeping it as a back up or maybe selling it.

I keep coming across Nokia 735 and Lumia 735 and wondered if they are all just the same model. Thanks!

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Technically it's the Nokia Lumia 735, but people have a tendency to call Nokia phones "Microsoft" phones. Same thing happened when I got my "Microsoft Lumia Icon" - it's labeled Nokia, but well-known by the OS and its creator.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They are mostly identical, its just that MS is moving over to Microsoft branding because it doesn't have the right to use Nokia forever.

The MS Lumia 735 and Nokia Lumia 735 WOULD be identical, except that the former is a Verizon model and has more memory as well as the hardware to talk to VZW's network. Its just that since the model was slightly upgraded, I'm sure they decided they might as well change the branding as well.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft Lumia 735 is technically the same as Nokia Lumia 735 except Microsoft Lumia 735 is Verizon exclusive and 16 GB internal memory(ROM) whereas Nokia Lumia 735 has worldwide release and 8 gb internal memory(ROM).

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Technically it's the Nokia Lumia 735, but people have a tendency to call Nokia phones "Microsoft" phones. Same thing happened when I got my "Microsoft Lumia Icon" - it's labeled Nokia, but well-known by the OS and its creator.
My Verizon 735 is actually branded as Microsoft, not Nokia. I really like the phone. I'm going to stick with sub $200.00 phones from here on in.

JGC843

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had quality issues with the Microsoft Lumia 735? I had mine since it came out, and yesterday the screen broke when it slide out of the passenger seat and into the floor board.

And yes, when bought from Verizon, it does say Microsoft.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had quality issues with the Microsoft Lumia 735? I had mine since it came out, and yesterday the screen broke when it slide out of the passenger seat and into the floor board.

And yes, when bought from Verizon, it does say Microsoft.
I haven't had mine for too long but so far, so good. Judging by the quality I've seen in some sub $200.00 phones, I just may stick to that price range going forward. The 735 is just fine for me. It's true that it may not have the fit and finish of a high end phone but it seems solid enough and it has the features (removable battery, sd card support) that I look for.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Falls are a very soft science, I've seen some iPhones be destroyed by a lot less than some others have shrugged off. A lot of factors go in etc.

Of course, your model could have been defective, but I'm more inclined to chalk it up to bad luck. My 920 cracked after it fell two feet and faceplanted on tile some time ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss