Is there a way to customize Task View?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My wife and I have a small business and I coach high school football.

I'd like to use task view to switch to my coaching stuff. But when I switch to a new desktop, I'd like to only have my football related icons on the desktop, instead of the same icons. Maybe even a different wallpaper too?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
My wife and I have a small business and I coach high school football.

I'd like to use task view to switch to my coaching stuff. But when I switch to a new desktop, I'd like to only have my football related icons on the desktop, instead of the same icons. Maybe even a different wallpaper too?
, try using 2 accounts on the pc, 1 for the business and 1 for the football. Than you can change the wallpaper too and do not need to switch desktops.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
How do you do that? Does that mean you'd have to log out and log back in every time you want to switch?

Wouldn't be easier to just switch task views/desktops?
, yes it would mean login in every time / switching users. Switching between virtual desktops is easier but I don't think you can change the background and icons than. It would not make sense anyway, since virtual desktops can be closed/removed (and will be iirc on shutdown/restart) so than you would lose your work in organizing the desktop if it would be even made possible some way.

If switching users is to much trouble, here are some more ideas:

The desktop is very similar to a normal folder, you could also just use a create new folder (right click -> new -> folder) and than right click within the folder and set the view -> medium icons. Than place your stuff within that. You won't have a background though.

In combination with the above point, you could install an extra file explorer that is somewhat similar in appearance as the Windows 10 desktop. That could probably also give you the option to have a background. (e.g. Files&Folders Pro in the Windows Store seems like to be able to do that, I see it is on sale and there is a trial). There seem to be many more file explorers though in the Store.

You could try something like this to add a background in a Windows folder, not sure if it works in Windows 10 though: Add Background Image To Folder In Window Explorer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963